Landing pad - amazon

Finally got myself a landing pad, saves taking off from sand or trying to flatten the grass to take off.

3 Likes

They’re great, aren’t they? I’ve had one for a while now.

Like you say, it prevents your drone becoming a strimmer in long grass :blush:

It’s also great fun folding them up again :rofl:

3 Likes

I wonder if there are any stats for landing-pad-related injuries…

1 Like

I even rested mine on top of quite high barley in a field in France , hard to get a better accessory for a tenner

1 Like

This is my landing pad

I have the same one - TBH though I haven’t used it since I bought some leg extenders :+1:

Special Legs

I’d end up chopping my fingers off. Haha

2 Likes

Not had chance to use it yet due to the weather.
Have to fight it to put it back in the bag. Haha

1 Like

They also help with the return to home as when you take off and go up to about 30 if takes a picture from the bottom camera and it can distinguish the landing pad much easier and pin point the spot where it took off.

2 Likes

Oh does it? Do all DJI drones

I’ll have to try it, as I normally just land it manually. :+1:

Just those with the “Precision Landing” function have the downward cameras to do this. I believe only the Mavics at the moment.

I’ve never used it but I’m sure the Spark, Mavics and Phantom 4 Pros have this feature too.

1 Like

Yup - you seem to be correct. :+1:

1 Like

The Spark has this capability and so does the Parrot Anafi. When I did a side-by-side test between the two the Spark was significantly more accurate. However that was quite a few Anafi fw releases back and I need to see how the two compare again.

Regards

Nidge.

I’ve never used it and not sure if I’ve ever pressed the RTH button on either controller, only ever tried that once on the old P4 and on the Inspire in panic without success.

I’ve used PL twice - once to prove to myself that it worked, once to impress someone that reckoned it wouldn’t land back on a 75cm square picnic table. It did.
By default, I have all sensors off.
RTH I sometimes use for laziness at the end of a flight, more often on cold days when my hands need some warmth.

1 Like

How small do they fold up, small enough to fit in a backpack?

Yes, mine is about 9" folded, I suppose it would vary on the size of the pad once open though.

They fold up into a circle a quarter of the size of the unfolded pad. Mine fits easily into the laptop compartment of my backpack, but it’ll really depend on how big your backpack is and how it’s laid out.