Latest Litchi

Hello all. I’ve done a search but not really answered my question.
Is the latest version of litchi any better than the the current version of DJI go 4. I was thinking of buying it but can’t seem to find an up to date review. I will be using it with a spark.

1 Like

I’m not certain of the differences when used on a Spark.

But - with the MP - it’s better at some things - not at others.

I would never have Litchi as my only app - only as an option.

A few differences …

Go4 Litchi
Can Implement Firmware Updates :heavy_check_mark:
No annoying flirmware update reminders :heavy_check_mark:
Saveable/Editable Waypoint Flights :heavy_check_mark:
Caches Images/Video to Device on the go :heavy_check_mark:
QuickShots :heavy_check_mark:

There are other features in each that lend themselves to being more useable for different things.

Pretty much - I use Go4 for everything …unless I want to fly waypoint missions, because for that they are chalk and cheese.

4 Likes

Although I haven’t used Litchi to control any flights, it looks like a great app - but I certainly wouldn’t use it all the time or as a replacement to GO4.
At the very least, Litchi would encourage you to fly your drone “with a purpose” and enable you to determine if a flight is do-able or not.
I cannot wait to give it a go.

Don’t forget the vr goggles option in litchi-very cool.

1 Like

Well…tried Litchi for the first time. First mission within vlos to see if it worked as expected. Sure enough, all good.
So I loaded a more risky mission with loads of POIs and again, it flew the mission flawlessly. However, the focusing was very disappointing . I set the focus on POI - default height, Any advice on how to get good focusing with Litchi would be very much appreciated.

“Focus” within the mission only translates as “point at” … not the actual camera “focus”.

With Litchi missions, I generally don’t fly close enough to anything that needs anything other than infinity … so usually I leave the camera focus on manual and set at infinity.

2 Likes

Doh ! Thanks Dave. Well…at least with Litchi I can do it again.

3 Likes

Indeed - repeatability and correctability! :+1:

1 Like

Can litchi be setup to record at 30fps ?
Have setting on NTSC but can’t see option to record at 30fps. My video is rank at 24fps.

Well I’ve purchased Litchi. Ain’t got a clue what I’m doing. At the start of the mission, does Litchi take off and go to the first waypoint or do I have to take off manually and then click go, any help would be great.

2 Likes

You can do either.
Since it can take a while (over as minute) to upload larger missions, I tend to set the first waypoint above where I’ll take-off, so that I’m not wasting battery hovering during the upload.

Yes indeed it can …

(Compass error = sat on washing machine! :wink: )

1 Like

Thanks Dave. not feeling down now. :+1:

I haven’t connected to the drone yet, but playing with the app, when I select go in orbit mode it says “this feature not supported in SDK”. Have I missed something

You need to be connected to your drone.

1 Like

Connected last night in the garden and did an orbit path, the app kept saying the mission would take too long even though I had it on the smallest of settings, didn’t have many satellites connected though, i didnt want to fly just wanted to try the app. Using a Spark.

That will probably be because you had the speed set to zero.

1 Like

The same whatever speed I put in I shall try again later with more satellites locked

1 Like

Is the orbit located where you are … or at another location?
If the latter, it’s allowing for the time to fly there and back.

In my back garden.