Legacy drones is it worth to buy a new drone?

:zombie: :woman_zombie: :joy:

1 Like

I also have A2CofC and mavic air 2, when you think how long it took for EASA to get rules done just recently, they were always extending deadline, therefore I personally think transitional period will get extended also. So if you wanna wait then i think you are just wasting a couple of years good flying. I remember Jenson Button (F1 driver) saying when in a wet race, “you gotta be on the right tyre at the right time to win the race” He had more pit stops in the race than anyone else but still won the race. Think and live for today, all will be changed and different by the time January 2023 comes along.

3 Likes

Appreciate the class clarification as I was getting a tad confused.

2 Likes

Has anyone got any new news what will happen to legacy drones by the end of 2022 or heard anything from the manufactures of complying with the CE markings?

1 Like

:laughing: :running_man: :dash:

Yer i should have said C markings

2 Likes

No news, they’re still just an urban myth and/or a fiction of CAA’s imagination at the moment :slight_smile:

Some related stuff being discussed over here: C1 drone mark seen in the wild!

5 Likes

hi i fond this but sounds very uncertain what will happen :exploding_head:

There are no C class marked drones yet because no one knows what criteria they need to meet, nothing to do with the CAA or the manufacturers, they are all waiting on the EU to agree and ratify the specs that they need to meet for each class…https://www.dronewatch.eu/how-does-a-drone-get-a-cx-ce-marking/

2 Likes

:exploding_head: people, get out now we can and enjoy some flying :grin: we can work out what’s going to happen in 11 months :nerd_face: a lot can happen in that time :blush: