Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Drax Power Station - Quick Fly Around

I was in bright sunshine on Wednesday … no probs with seeing Litchi on my phone. The map is nice and contrasty and easy to see … video feed minimised just to monitor, since the whole idea is that Litchi controls that.

1 Like

Hope your right Rich,as will definitely get it,also the ipad mini is earmarked for the Autel Evo :+1::+1:

1 Like

I got one of these and have used in Greece, Portugal and Tenerife (and lots in the UK) really does a great job for a couple of quid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PENIVO-Controller-Smartphone-Protector-Accessories/dp/B0779MX77S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1551530131&sr=8-8&keywords=dji+sun+shade

Question Dave,if litchi programs your drone ,could you turn off your controller and let the drone “do its thing”?

2 Likes

Absolutely! It will go where you don’t have any connection.

Check out my “go to” thread for distance Litchi and Obstacle Avoidance demos …

Did not understand Litchi Reverse

2 Likes

I believe you can yes as the mission is sent to the drone and if it loses touch it still continues

2 Likes

It’s also the reason why Litchi doesn’t cache video to your device during the flight … they are totally expecting it to be too far away to do so. :wink:

2 Likes

The more i hear about litchi ,the more tempted i become!:thinking:

2 Likes

Nothing to stop you using the other remote! :wink:

… in the meantime! :+1:

1 Like

very true,but am now playing with go4 waypoints!:rofl:

Check out the litchi mission hub, game changer been able to plan them on the PC at home

2 Likes

Can you set Go4 waypoints up on your computer on HiRes Google Maps? … on a LARGE sceen?

Can you send them (via Virtual Litchi Mission) to a fly-by in Google Earth? … Flying in London! wink

Can you save them and sync them between devices?

Can you edit them and save different versions?

:wink:

3 Likes

I’m gonna be Litchi exclusive for a while, the ability to toggle tripod/home & course lock from the main flying screen has sold it for me

4 Likes

Erm,i guess thats a no then mate!!!:joy::joy:

1 Like

@milkmanchris I can shunt most of this chat over to a new “Litchi Chit-chat” thread and leave this about your post … let me know where you’d like it snipped.

It REALLY surprises me that DJI haven’t just bought out Litchi.

… but I’m also ten times more delighted that they haven’t.

2 Likes

It really surprises me that DJI dont make litchi an officially recommended app.:+1::+1:

1 Like

From what I’ve seen - DJI don’t give a shit about Litchi … they can’t get DJI to address the lack of battery temp data that suddenly vanished and Litchi have tried to resolve,

3 Likes

Too much hassle Dave, link to a new thread and we can add as we go along ;o) Cheers

2 Likes