Litchi guide

I’ve been viewing the Litchi videos on youtube but all the ones I’ve seen are at least 2 years old and looking on the Litchi Mission Hub it looks like a new version so rather than get confused by viewing obsolete videos does anyone know where I can see videos of the latest version? What I’m particularly interested in is the ability to create routes and view them on Google Earth to check the route prior to flying it.
In addition does anyone have any experience using the Mavic 2 Waypoint 2 version and does this allow you to create routes on Google Earth and download onto Mavic 2?

To be honest, as far as the interface and functionality is concerned, very little has changed over the last two years.
Additional drone models, bugs and minor enhancements, only, in that time.
In struggling to think of a significant “feature” that’s been added.
So two year old YTs are still very relevant.

1 Like

Moved you post over to this generic thread. May be info above that will help, and I’m sure others will add to this, as well.

I must beg forgiveness for being as thick as a plank I hadn’t realised that the Mission Hub and the controller app were two different things and in fact you have to buy the phone app. I thought the Mission Hub created a route that you downloaded to the DJI Go app and away you went. So what I’m gathering from these discussions is that the Lichi app can (or does) replace the DJI Go app on either your phone or tablet and is used to fly your drone - right?

Correct. Some only use the Litchi app for flying Litchi missions and continue to use the DJI app for other flights. Some move over to Litchi pretty much full-time.

I fall into the former camp. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you use a Tablet with the Litchi app or your phone? One of my worries is that my phone screen is a tad small.

Personally, a 4 year old dedicated Android phone with a 5.5 inch screen.

More recent Litchi film:

(although it’s not a “how-to” guide - more a “why-to” endorsement)

Critique of Litchi “development” over the last year:

Better, but not perfect, Litchi manual:

Litchi is the best £20 I have spent in droning…

1 Like

@facherty the first link seems to be a link to a post you made on another forum. Feel free to share any content you like on here mate :blush:

Not sure what the second link is, it just takes me to some random post on another forum too? I was expecting a PDF manual or something :thinking:

The first link should have taken you to a YouTube video. Perhaps you will need to copy and paste it.

The second link does indeed take you to another forum - someone there asked me to justify saying that Litchi seems unloved by its makers.

The third link has five posts. The first discusses, and a gives a reference for, someone’s attempt to produce a good Litchi manual (rather than put-up with the fairly dreadful material on Litchi’s own page). For a cost of £0, it’s definitely worth a download.

HTH

Nope. As the link shows. It goes to - that forum. :wink:

What Forum?, WTF !

= WHAT? THAT FORUM?

1 Like

Nope. As the link shows. It goes to - that forum. :wink:

Seriously, this is the first link:
It really does take you to a YouTube film.

As regard the other two links, there’s not much too wrong with MavicPilots.com, and if there is, it is perhaps best discussed in another thread? This one is supposed to be ablout Litchi.

First “link” sorted. Embedded YT needs the link on its own line with no spaces before/after.

1 Like

Thank-you.
(I had chosen not to use the icon-based link, but leave it as a clickable link on most web browsers, because I had already promoted this film on this site (Mavic Air, Litchi and Waypoints - YouTube Video), and it is no longer new.)
The second and third links are to much more recent material, probably of greater use to Vennwood, who renewed this thread after a 12 month gap…

1 Like

Hi facherty,
Now I’m really confused. So the Mavic Air links to Litchi and can make use of the Litchi waypoint set up? But the Mavic Air 2 doesn’t. Have I got this right? So taking this one step further did the Mavic Air have the waypoint functionality from the start or did Litchi update their software to become compatible with Mavic Air. If so just maybe Litchi will update their software to become compatible with Air 2? Or will this be more of a problem as DJI have switched over to the new controller?

About the best manual I have found is this one.

Sorry it it’s a duplicate post, couldn’t be bothered going through the other forums log in

1 Like

Thanks for that. At least I now know that Litchi is compatible for Air so hopefully Air 2 will be on the “to do” list. I don’t mind waiting a month or two as it will take me that time to get up to speed with existing functionality. I would rather go for the Air 2 than the Mavic 2 Zoom for a number of reasons - newer model, possibility of Mavic 3 being released and most of all price.

@Vennwood - yes, you have it right that Litchi can program the MA1, but not (as yet) the MA2. I bought my MA 15 months ago, and I believe it had been around for a year or so before then, so cannot comment on how long MA1 users had to wait for Litchi functionality…

As I understand it, the Litchi developers will have to wait for DJI to issue a SDK (software development kit) before they can offer MA2 (or Mavic Mini) compatibility. The same is true for the Dronelink developers (see Mavic Air 2 compatibility – Dronelink).

Agreed that there is plenty to do in getting to know your aircraft before relying on Litchi’s (or Dronelink’s) functionality. That said, Litchi has made a significant difference to the quality of material I can get from the drone, and despite my criticism of it (Litchi - "Unloved by its maker"? | DJI Mavic Drone Forum) it is still the software I use most… except perhaps UAV Forecast!

1 Like