Long range flights - opinions?

There appear to be 2 camps or schools of thought regarding such matters as can be found here - Mavic Pilots item on long range flights

It would be interesting to have specifically UK opinion as I think there is possibly a difference in attitude to such matters between UK/US particularly. Maybe size of country related or perhaps fear of further restrictions … etc. Some countries have no regulations at all while others are quite draconian. I guess on GADC we are mainly interested in whatever it takes to keep further restrictions to a minimum.

Anyway. I think the video referenced is from Scotland according to the site moderator but I didn’t watch it which may give a clue as to my opinion!

2 Likes

I’d expect opinions to be much the same as they are in this thread John::

I’ll use the same meme here as I did in that thread when I see people posting stuff like that online:

6 Likes

A gif/meme thread, excellent :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

df2bfaf8-ccfb-4755-970a-724b93058e6c

3 Likes

I do love a good gif

3 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Oldie but still fits all occasions

3 Likes

OMG no way!

3 Likes

The little videos are funny but I press the link and I don’t understand what is wrong with this persons video?

1 Like

Well that greatly depends on your view :slight_smile:
If you are drone police then you’ll be horrified.
If on the other hand you only care what you do then … nothing to see here.

4 Likes

First reply says it all

There’s absolutely no way you flew a Mini that far (from a car!), and maintained visual line of sight

From a Yorkshireman too.

I haven got a proper drone yet I’m only got interested because of my little step son and his toy one his mum bought for Christmas what does it mean line of sight?

Drone code says you have to maintain visual sight of it.

Is that like a grey Aeros club set of rules you have on here for members or something so I don’t yet no what your club is all about yet is there a website or something so I don’t male a fool of myself

Easy, you have got to be able to see it.
and not fly like the knob did in the video !.

Oh

Sorry I’m not a very good speller am I

dunt wurry abadit

6 Likes

Thank you that looks a bit complicated I’ll have to go and read that info you sent me by for now

1 Like