Looking for FPV drone repairer

Hi all, we are looking for someone who repairs fpv drones, preferably in or around derbyshire. unfortunately we have 3 drones that need attention
uruav ur65 (1 prop not working)
Mantis 85 ( 1 prop not working properly, buzzer disconnected,)
not sure if anything else is wrong with these two.
and now the big one
Eachine ts215 (very broken) massive crash!!!

Thanks in advance… Jon& Denise :man_mage: :owl:

Er, yeah, the TS219 looks like it’s now effectively spare parts… I’m not sure I’d bother replacing the frame.

More than I’d want to take on.

The other two are probably simple fixes.

1 Like

i did think that, @Yith . i certainly made a mess of it. :man_mage: :owl:

3 props, 1 esc and a lollipop stick taped to a superglued arm compressed in a vice.
Actually, the props may bend back

In all seriousness though @Jon-Denise the arms look replaceable. Are there 2 holes for the screws in the arms to the frame? If so, what’s the distance between the holes please?

1 Like

Looks like 8mm center to center. But there is some electronics damage on one arm, looks like a wire has come & the board it attaches to is burnt ect. I have posted it in the pics. Thanks :man_mage::owl:

Come away. Sorry. :man_mage::owl::see_no_evil:

This is a simple repair.

Damn. I had some strong arms for you, but they are 12mm centre to centre

Nice of you to try & help. Thanks. :man_mage::owl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Engineering brain that pal :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:.

Mate I’m totally with you, my hands are just not steady enough now to do the soldering. I just wish oh I so wish I could fix them.

1 Like

WRT the quad in the pictures.

Personally I’d salvage what electronics you can and scrap the frame. The reason being is with a crash like that, on a frame like that, there’s likely to be irreparable damage to be found when you disassemble it.

A few months back I dirt napped my Eachine Tyro 119 at 175km/h (according to the onboard GPS). Initially the damage appeared to be restricted to a few broken props and a bent motor shaft, everything else appeared to be pristine. It wasn’t until I set about replacing the banged up motor that I discovered the full extent of the damage.

In summary two arms were delaminating around the holes where they were screwed to the centre section, and those screws were bent to buggery. Underneath the stack the supporting CF plate had cracks radiating from the screw holes.

I suppose I could have patched things with resin and CA, but as far as I was concerned the structural integrity of the frame was severely compromised, and I couldn’t risk the quad going rogue at 170kph, especially when flying with other bags of raw meat in close proximity.

1 Like

Thanks mate, i seems to be the view of the majority. Never mind eh. Live & learn. Jon&Denise :man_mage::owl: