Loss of control with DJI Mini 2

Hiya guys/gals,
I’m a newbie and just bought a new DJI mini 2. I was out today with an experienced flyer giving me guidance. All was going great and 100% working great. I decided to fly above some moored boats it was then my nightmare began. Basically I noticed the drone had dropped to 2mph and then 0 mph. The left stick would still allow me to go up down and around. The right stick would do nothing, no left, right, forward or backwards. There was full signal and all white.
I was advised to hit RTH, which did nothing. So now it’s hovering and I have no control. I went further up the bank to get nearer and tried RTH again but still no joy. Battery low warning was now on. Now panicking thinking first flight and it’s going to end up in the river.
I lowered it and 2mph came up I hit RTH again and it picked up and not to long till it had made it back on critical battery and landed it on my mates hand. Tried it with another battery and all was back to normal.
What happen there any ideas. There was a rc flying club nearby but I wasn’t near them, could there be a jammer or is this common.
Thanks in advance.

Upload your flight log to airdata and share it here and I’m sure we can take a look and see

Unlikely it’s a jammer

3 Likes

Hiya
How do I find that please. It’s all new to me. :blush:

It’s in the link at the bottom of the post, right above yours

I think I’ve found the problem. I was above the height in an altitude restricted area, and the app makes the drone stop and hover.
All I had to do by the look of it was descend below the ceiling and it should of been ok.
I found a recording in the app of the flight.
Rc full signal and 21 satellites.
Note to self if in one of them areas set the altitude a couple of feet below what it says.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

What altitude was RTH set at ?? If it was higher than the altitude restriction that could be the reason RTH failed :man_shrugging:

120 meters :roll_eyes:. I’ll know for next time. To think if I hadn’t tried to lower it in panic it would now be swimming. Well good experience gained there. Lol

Ahh - that explains the RTH.

Pleased you got the drone back safely and thanks for sharing your experience - its a good lesson for all of us :+1: :+1: :+1:

Would be good to see the Airdata

1 Like