Lowestoft Harbour

Quick and dirty. But amazed what a mini 2 will do. How many brownie points do I need to get for a Mini 4 ? Lots !!

8 Likes

Get yourself joined up and enter our latest competition for a chance to win one

1 Like

Milky
I am thinking of joining up properly because members have been quite kind to me despite my imperfections. Just seeing how it goes. I did join a few years ago and left after a few days, not too impressed with language etc. And I suppose I tend to be a bit silly and big headed.
However, things are going well but my videos are nothing special, they were just to record something. However as you can see I am brilliant at flying it, just need to fine tune and edit.
Going to NW Scotland and will see what I can do.

2 Likes

Mini 2 is a terrific little ship. The M3 is a little bit better but that’s the march of progress.

Not a massive amount of difference between a Bell Jetranger Mk1 & Mk3 either :wink:

Here’s a couple more from Lowestoft, now the weather is getting better I must get out more. I’ve been too lazy this winter and the prospect of the council knocking down my flat isn’t sitting well but hey ho. Again, march of progress :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Is it ok to drone around the new bridge ? I did ring reception but no one got back to me ?

1 Like

Well I did. Just parked up and did it,

Just for reference though I’ve got commercial insurance on it, I had an observer on it with R/T for the few brief seconds I’d lost sight when it went round the back, TOLP from a public highway and a sub 250g machine they didn’t even see.

The channel is closed for shipping at that point at the moment anyway so the risk is absolutely minimal

They did put a public request out not to fly near it when they were bringing the beams into harbour on the barge but judging by some of the local FB groups some people can’t read.

https://youtu.be/_7i7vpqPtlA?si=K7gbfRrkhcrM7L4G

Public request :joy:

That’s like an invite to come fly

1 Like

I think that was potentially because of the crowds though, there was a lot of people on the riverbanks

Still they could have gone all proper and requested a proper temporary FRZ

1 Like

Nice pictures, well balanced.

1 Like

Thank you. All I do is hit the tit, the bird does the hard work.