Lowgill Viaduct

A place i used to pass often with my job always wanted to get some kind of photos of it…was passing by last sunday just as the light was fading but took the chance as no idea when i will be passing nearby. For directions from the M6 if heading northbound come off at J37 turn right and cross over the motorway… drive up the hill half a mile and take the first left… this is Old Scotch Rd… follow this all the way it will take you to the small village of Beck Foot t junction with the B6257, the Viaduct is right in front of you… to continue back to the M6 at that junction turn left and go all the way to end with a junction with the A685 turn right (there is a few small laybys around this junction the views are spectacular…i would have flown the drone but the sun had gone by then) the A685 will go down the hills (youll pass a large car park on right also good for views) the road will take you back over the M6 and through Tebay village and you re enter the M6 ( I used to drive my work van this diversion just to break the monotony after driving from London) i would urge a bit of caution though the valley from Beck Foot to Tebay is a LFA (Low Fly Area) whereby military aircraft horse along at very low altitudes at any time of day so cautious approach here.

4 Likes

Cracking I guess a trip up the road is called for.
Thanks.

What about a pin drop on what3words or even better add as a location to DroneScene

1 Like

Great video, looks like another place to go and visit.

Fair shout that …had a look on What 3 words Worlds.Promotion.Grace seems pretty much right at it. Will look into Dronescene (hadnt heard of it before now)

1 Like

A clip from my visit to the viaduct yesterday.