Marquis of Anglesey Column, Anglesey

A quick golden hour flight to have a look at this fine Georgian Column, built to commemorate a local Waterloo hero. Mavic pro Platinum with no filters this time.

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment - only jumped once when the sensors picked up I was 10 feet off the railings lol Just has EV set to sunny with blinks and focus peaking on - gently adjusted the blinks as it flew cos the sky was blown out - Im finding doing it this way when I adjust the wheel its not a dramatic change to overall exposure. I wanted to do a reveal by flying up the column but the trees are badly uncontrolled so encroach so much the sensors wouldn’t have it, so I tried a reveal from ground level instead.

1 Like

The moon over his head made it lol - but wow the light dropped real quick.

1 Like

Is that a technical photographers terminology

Glad I’m not the only one with big thumbs and a small mobile :joy:

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Cool video, I really like it, half expected to see the ghost of John Noakes sat on top. Funny how it brought back memories of him climbing Nelsons column.
If I may be a little critical, could you do the same video but use a fly mode such as ‘circle’ and add a little bit of music, royalty free of course.

Thats being helpful not critical :+1: - I had wanted to do an orbit etc but thats for another day now I know where I can take off from without getting mithered. Fortunately the rock the column is on is well above the nearby super grid so having scoped it out I think I will try a variety of flight modes - its a good subject the old fella on top.
When I was younger, they used to have regular assails off the platform - great fun stepping out. Sadly "Elf n safety " have put pay to that enjoyment.

3 Likes

Thanks for seeing at as intended. Now you’ve scoped it out and found somewhere to take off and fly around without fear of being mithered, I suppose you can relax a bit and try out different fly modes. Hone the skills. I look forward to seeing them. One other thing I forgot to mention…its a great title introduction, very professional.

2 Likes

I think they call that ‘ constructive criticism’

1 Like