Massive ships!

Richard, Just two words !.

“Bloody Outstanding !”

4 Likes

Great stuff really enjoyed it :+1:

2 Likes

The music grabs you from the start, like a bond movie👌How far were you out and how many batteries did you go through you are extremely brave or got plenty cash I would have been shit scared that far out to sea. I have sailed out of Portsmouth in 40ft yacht’s many times and always got amazed at the size of some of these ships but well done can’t wait to see the sequels

3 Likes

I like it👍

2 Likes

That is a great video, as previously said i did not want it to end, that last shot was epic, great flying !

2 Likes

Everyone has said it all here. Truly outstanding video. I think all of us at GADC appreciate what that took in terms of flying skill, videography and editing. Really special.

1 Like

Amazing video. Truly impressive flying and editing.

1 Like

Beautifully done… Excellent footage and editing :+1:t5: Thanks you for sharing and for the inspiration. As a new drone pilot I am encouraged…

1 Like

More massive ships please.
Do you get any navy vessels or are they classed as NFZ?

1 Like

I might not buzz an Aircraft Carrier as close as that container ship. :wink:

1 Like

Probably the best drone video I have ever seen. Perfect and so interesting…,

1 Like

Fabulous. Really enjoyed your editing and subject.

I really want to know what that ship with all the air-con units is carrying.

1 Like

This one?

Used for import/export of motor vehicles. Not so much air-con as ventilation for all the vehicle exhaust on all the decks.

2 Likes

That one peaked my interest too, a friend of mine was a Bosun in the Royal Navy and explained the concept of this style of boat too me. he is at the late stages of a degenerative illness So it was nice that it provoked a positive memory of days when he was well !

1 Like

I’ve spent hours watching them unload at Grimsby, very impressive operation.

1 Like

Watched that disgorge BMWs and the like at Southampton.
Amazing the speed they move.
As it’s mooring up there’s a whole team of drivers ready to hop on and start work. The further back they need to go, a mini-bus shuttles back and forth with the drivers.

2 Likes

The Dutch navy use similar looking vessels as the flat surfaces with no features make them almost invisible to radar

I believe the merchant vessels use them to prevent Somali pirates boarding and saying things like ‘Look at me, I am the captain now’

1 Like

Oh and that’s a google image not mine !!!

1 Like

The car transporters are that shape because flat surfaces are cheap to make, they don’t need to be strong, and they need max volume for £££. :wink:

3 Likes

Richard,
This one of the best short videos I have seen and on a small Mavic 2 no less.
You are lucky to have as many subjects in your area and there is much potential for future work.
Please keep this up. You have a knack for this difficult job

1 Like