Master airscrew mavic air props

in flight order …

so a bit of a difference… 19% between first and third flights

The makers claim…

but I’m not convinced.
I think I need to do more testing in different conditions, also planning to do, hopefully tomorrow, a sound level test.

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, that’s about the size of it.
I see nothing to make the MA props any advantage, and they are more expensive :disappointed:

Thanks @Steviegeek - so the wind direction was relatively constant which knocks out my theory to explain the discrepancies.

It makes sense for DJI to spend time in researching the optimum propeller for their craft, given that people seem to be fixated on battery life and/or speed as a means of selecting a UAV in much the same way as 0-6- seems to be a major selling point for cars. Thats my opinion of course. others may disagree :slight_smile:

1 Like

To compare the prop efficiency, and eliminate other factors, I’d probably try a 10 minute hover, really low-level (less wind), and see how the batteries have faired.

After 30 minutes of low-level hover your ears will also probably have determined which were the most annoying noisey. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m using the Master Airscrew props on my Mavic Pro and a massive difference tbh, just put some on my P4 and haven’t noticed any difference in the noise just a lower tone

Hi Dave
What inprovement did you see with these props on your MP?
I was not that impressed, however it was just one test session. Waiting to get out and do more with them
Cheers

@Steviegeek I found them much quieter and about 1 minute - 90sec longer flight time, even my neighbour said how much quieter it is, no difference I could tell on the Phantom though

Is that compared to standard DJI or Low noise DJI, mate ?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Standard Steve, not tried the DJI low noise tbh

Do the DJI low noise make much difference?

Dave, did you see this? post #51

I need convincing MAS have advantage, but I’m open to being taught :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers, Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes saw that but can only go on my own experience so far and can’t find a fault as of yet, definitely want to try the DJI low noise props too

Hi Dave, do you want me to send you a set to try?
I can’t fly from home, but you, you lucky sod, have got the Chase on you doorstep :grin:
If yes, send me a DM with your address

1 Like

You’re a star Steve, message sent :grin::grin::+1:

Didn’t notice any difference in noise level from the Master Airscrew props to stock props on the Phantom tbh

Was the test with changing the settings as the MAS advise or standard set up? I have The MAS on my MA1 but wasnt sure there was really a difference between them and standard

Hi John
My tests were on a MP1, there are no settings changes from MAS for the MP1, just the Mavic Air from my bit of research
Cheers

@Steviegeek thank you… I might have to try with the MA1 then and see if there is any real difference… they are slightly quieter on mine but not much

Check out @Matty1 results for another opinion :grinning:

1 Like

Standard set up bud I don’t mess with things, just put em on and fly lol I noticed a big difference with the DJI low noise props over all others including MAS

3 Likes