Master airscrew mavic air props

So am I.

1 Like

Me too!

Be very interested in how you guys get on these the main reason I am hesitating in buying an air is that high pitched buzzing noise

Now available on Amazon Uk

1 Like

They’re available on Amazon.

Anyone tried the low noise props from master air with the Mavic air?
Thoughts/ any differences found

@Skizzy I’ve moved your post over to the existing thread on this subject :+1:t2:

1 Like

Anyone had an issue with “drift” using these Master Airscrew props as described here?

@B0M0A0K I’ve moved your post over here as the other thread was about to go way off topic otherwise :slight_smile:

Thanks @PingSpike

Sunday afternoon weather gave me the opportunity to do comparison flights with different props on my MP1, at my club flying field with nobody about for at least 1/2 mile. Great for self-isolation. :grin:

I ran a Litchi Mission, with auto take-off, flight, land so no human intervention to cock things up.
Weather was sunny, dry, wind speed in table below.
Course included two straight sections angled to each other, with mix of wide and tight turns
Batteries where similiar age, number charges etc.

results here …

So if you want efficiency, stick with the standard DJI props.
Does this surprise anybody :thinking:
I’d welcome your comments and if you want more details of flights etc. just ask :smile:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Even though the wind speed was the greater for the Standard props test, those std props still used 9% less battery than the MAS props did in less wind?

Am I reading that right? :thinking:

One thing seems strange … Time to do course.

Litchi missions I’ve run on different days, etc, always take the same time (within a few seconds) since the set speeds are GPS speeds.

Any idea why the flights have such a large variation on times?

The battery usage seems in line with the flight time.

Altitude was 30m above start point? What was the wind direction? Just wondering if it changed between flights…

What are the (supposed) advantages of Master Airscrew?

I only thing I could concluded is that this is fighting against the wind, some parts of the course had speed dropping as low as 7mph ish. So some props are handling it better.

Back in the day … I’ve done the same 2 mile out-and-back with winds between zero and 15mph (and various directions) … no time difference to note.

First flight unfortunately had Litchi disconnect, so time was taken from the video file.

Is it the number of turns, compared with a flight in and out that gives the difference :thinking: :thinking:

Strange.

When I did the aforementioned flights … part of the reason was to specifically check both flight time and battery usage consistency … since there was another flight I wanted to do (never flown) that was quite a bit longer and I didn’t want to lose the MP.

Anyway … battery usage in your tests being kind of in line with flight time … would suggest that their efficiencies are not so different.
I’ve seen (never done myself) comparisons between a 15min hover and 15mins of flying fast circles - and battery usage only slightly worse in the latter.
Not really surprising, since rotary lift is so damned inefficient that the additional power needed to move is relatively small?

Something still bugging me about the time to do the course, though.

I’ll rummage and see if I can find my logs for the flights.

Hi,
Do you want the video files for each flight?
Maybe you could ‘see’ difference in behaviour?
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not right now … but comparing speeds between log files might be interesting at some point.

Difficult to compare speeds between videos.