Master Airscrew props for Mini 2 & SE

I can’t imagine why, do car insurers do it ?

2 Likes

Every motor vehicle manufacturer states that you must only use genuine parts!

The cheap tyres you buy from Asia, who buy the old molds from the likes of Michelin, have a nice sticker on them but in reality they have not been through any testing that the main manufacturer put there’s through, in fact they had no testing. The quality of rubber is frightening yet the amount that are sold in the uk is staggering. These are the things you rely on at 70 and above! :pray:

1 Like

Including £10 a litre screenwash :wink:

Oh and we have DVSA that legislates the MOT

That is not worth the paper it’s written on :grimacing:

1 Like

All insurers examine every claim to see if it’s within the terms of the policy. If it’s not, they won’t pay out.

And then try worm out of a payout.

All insurers are bastards

Just checked my insurers and they state:

If the manufacturer of your drone also manufactures/ supplies propellers, it is a good idea to
continue to use that type/ brand of propeller. The manufacturer will have done extensive
testing with these propellers to ensure they work properly with your drone.

Nothing says you can’t use 3rd party props :+1:

1 Like

And of course parts from reputable aftermarket manufacturers e.g. MAS will also have been extensively tested

2 Likes

Checked my FPVUK PL policy and no where does it state I need to use DJI propellers (unless I have missed something)

1 Like

Your decision of course,

20% off Black Friday sale at MAS

https://preview.mailerlite.com/s6v9r3/1821912246314341834/n5h1/?ml_subscriber=1821912246314341834&ml_subscriber_hash=n5h1

1 Like

Note the comment above is not @Sparkyws personal view but that of an insurer.

Somehow I doubt this very much. Especially where DJI are concerned, whereby they leave it up to the customer to do the extensive testing.

Only just this weekend gone I was testing one of my FPV drones on 6S. The manufacturer states it’s good for 4S to 6s. I was flying with the manufacturers supplied propellers. Coming out of a dive I gave it full throttle, and at about 170kph the hub of one of the props exploded. I doubt very much this would have happened with some quality third party polycarbonate props.

2 Likes
1 Like

I bought mine from the Master Airscrew Store on Amazon for £14.79.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09KNLHJ51

TL;DR … not impressed :-1:

I bought them after reading their claims; quieter, more power, better battery life. For me, I was mainly interested in ‘how much quieter’ they are.

I also noticed that my Mini 2 seems to be a little more sluggish and jittery with them. I will give it a few more flights to be sure. But at the moment, it looks like these will be going back. Maybe I got a duff set? Or perhaps these are fakes :thinking: But first impressions, I honestly don’t know what the fuss is about.

I thought the same when I recently fitted some new Master Airscrew props. :+1:

I’ve not been tempted by them for the mini 2.
Can’t imagine them being that different.

However the DJI fpv props when flying manual are noticeably grippier and louder rather than quieter

2 Likes

I’ve removed my Master Airscrew props and re-attached the kit ones. They were ok but as @clinkadink also mentioned, I too found my Mini 2 was more sluggish and jittery with them attached.

2 Likes

Just fitted these to my Mini 3 Pro. I tested the noise level before and after. The Masterscrew props were louder to the ear and the measurements showed that…

Stock - Average 59.3dB, Min 25.8dB, Max 66.1dB
Masterscrew - Average 63.0dB, Min 25.8dB, Max 67.6dB

With stock props, the Mini 3 hovered perfectly level in my living room. With the Masterscrew ones, the drone was jittering about.

Also the orange colour made the drone look cheap. I’ll be sticking with my stock props. :+1:

Stock

Masterscrew

3 Likes

I had the same result.

The only plus point for the Master Airscrew props is that it makes it easier to locate your drone in deep grass.

are they worth the extra money ? what are your views ? ive just fitted master air screw stealth props to my mini 2SE they do seem to make a slight difference in the sound ( i got the red ones because someone said it keeps the sea gulls away :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)