Mavic 2 Enterpise Firmware Update includes ATTI Mode

From recollection, without GPS lock, the Mavic altitude and flight speed becomes limited. Not good when you’re trying to fly in valley.

I totally agree in my 30 years of RC I have seen so many inappropriate starter RC aircraft, hellis, gliders racing quads purchased because mostly they just looked cool (Well at least for the first 5 minutes at the flight field!)!

Regarding APM/ Pixhawk, I have built numerous quads and hexes with these flight controllers. I love their flexibility and the open-source nature of their firmware development. They require some setup plus flying ability to get something off the ground and then some more to get them to fly smooth flight. It’s definitely the other side of the hobby from DJI setups.

I agree, and they teach you the ins and outs of how the craft works.
Another thing I like, is on auto missions (waypoint missions) you can set the altitude relative to the ground, and mission planner uses Google data to work out the altitude to fly up and over a hill automatically without you having to calculate the height for each waypoint.