Mavic 2 hasselblad camera a lie?

Being the proud owner of a mavic 2 pro,i read a lot about it on youtube and other places.Seems there are some people who are saying the drone is not much better then the the mavic 1 From my experience,i have found this drone to be a very worthy successor to the mp 1.what do you guys think ?:neutral_face:

1 Like

Some say its Hasselblad only by name. They only designed the colour profile.

That aside, I think itā€™s a great upgrade. Take away the Hasselblad name and you still have the same 1" sensor in Sony rx100.

Filming trees and foliage I donā€™t get mush or watercolour like I did on MP (Not that it was bad).
Dynamic range is way way better than MP.
H.265 really is a better codec although Iā€™m still trying to work out how to process it.

Itā€™s better in lower light which is ideal up here.

Hyperlapse mode is Awesome!

Itā€™s rock solid in wind. Much faster in RTH with OA on.

Legs and gimbal feel more sturdy.

I really like it.

MP is still a very capable drone but M2P is better in most ways.

3 Likes

Have to agree,i can now say i definitely donā€™t regret my purchase!Was not sure,but having flown my bird for a while really getting confident and learning to trust her,lost signal the the other day,had the dreaded ā€œAircraft disconnectedā€ message on dji go,did panic,but sure enough,she came right back to me!:open_mouth::+1:

So, where are the night shots proof? :wink:

3 Likes

HI Callum,i will be honest here and say i have yet to fly at night,is it ok to do so?must say it is tempting!:grinning:

1 Like

I meant more on dull cloudy days where I would normally get a lot of artefacts and noise in shadows.

But some night shots are definately due! :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only had a quick up and down at night to test out the landing light.

Flew the MP at night quite a lot and was perfectly fine. Only thing Iā€™d say is make sure you know the area you are flying in and give yourself more space than usual.

2 Likes

I never owned the MP but Iā€™m sure that some reviews people make are biased by either not owning a Mavic or expectations set to high, Iā€™ve only managed to take some basic shots and the pictures look great in quality. And all the photos, and footage Iā€™ve seen online looks great.

1 Like

Cheers Callum great advice,so are you saying its legal to fly at night,as i donā€™t:+1: recall seeing anything about it in the drone code?

1 Like

As far as I know for PfCO holders you need a special permission to fly commercially at night.

For the hobbyist I donā€™t think there is any restrictions.

Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

1 Like

Hopefully your right ,as i really like the idea of trying out those landing lights!:+1::+1:

1 Like
1 Like

Oh yeah, Iā€™d seen those. I was trying to extract some from @callum. :wink:

1 Like

Disconnected because you pushed it too far?

@TassyWass yes,think i was about 3miles out,following the railway line .:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

pretty damn impressive,i have to say! sure going to give some evening/night flights a go!:open_mouth: