Mavic 2 hasselblad camera a lie?

Being the proud owner of a mavic 2 pro,i read a lot about it on youtube and other places.Seems there are some people who are saying the drone is not much better then the the mavic 1 From my experience,i have found this drone to be a very worthy successor to the mp 1.what do you guys think ?:neutral_face:

1 Like

Some say its Hasselblad only by name. They only designed the colour profile.

That aside, I think it’s a great upgrade. Take away the Hasselblad name and you still have the same 1" sensor in Sony rx100.

Filming trees and foliage I don’t get mush or watercolour like I did on MP (Not that it was bad).
Dynamic range is way way better than MP.
H.265 really is a better codec although I’m still trying to work out how to process it.

It’s better in lower light which is ideal up here.

Hyperlapse mode is Awesome!

It’s rock solid in wind. Much faster in RTH with OA on.

Legs and gimbal feel more sturdy.

I really like it.

MP is still a very capable drone but M2P is better in most ways.

3 Likes

Have to agree,i can now say i definitely don’t regret my purchase!Was not sure,but having flown my bird for a while really getting confident and learning to trust her,lost signal the the other day,had the dreaded “Aircraft disconnected” message on dji go,did panic,but sure enough,she came right back to me!:open_mouth::+1:

So, where are the night shots proof? :wink:

3 Likes

HI Callum,i will be honest here and say i have yet to fly at night,is it ok to do so?must say it is tempting!:grinning:

1 Like

I meant more on dull cloudy days where I would normally get a lot of artefacts and noise in shadows.

But some night shots are definately due! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve only had a quick up and down at night to test out the landing light.

Flew the MP at night quite a lot and was perfectly fine. Only thing I’d say is make sure you know the area you are flying in and give yourself more space than usual.

2 Likes

I never owned the MP but I’m sure that some reviews people make are biased by either not owning a Mavic or expectations set to high, I’ve only managed to take some basic shots and the pictures look great in quality. And all the photos, and footage I’ve seen online looks great.

1 Like

Cheers Callum great advice,so are you saying its legal to fly at night,as i don’t:+1: recall seeing anything about it in the drone code?

1 Like

As far as I know for PfCO holders you need a special permission to fly commercially at night.

For the hobbyist I don’t think there is any restrictions.

Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

1 Like

Hopefully your right ,as i really like the idea of trying out those landing lights!:+1::+1:

1 Like
1 Like

Oh yeah, I’d seen those. I was trying to extract some from @callum. :wink:

1 Like

Disconnected because you pushed it too far?

@TassyWass yes,think i was about 3miles out,following the railway line .:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

pretty damn impressive,i have to say! sure going to give some evening/night flights a go!:open_mouth: