Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat

That’s the best excuse I can think of at the moment :rofl:

1 Like

Soooo!

I’m not buying one.

Why? Because I love my MP waaayyyy to much - After all the firmware mods, parameter changes and app hacks it just does everything I ask it to do, flawlessly. It’s an absolute dream to fly and I have complete and utter faith in it.

That, and the fact that I’ve only flown my Inspire once since the day I got it! (it’s still in bits) - I’ve got plenty of firmware mods to get done on this one now too, that’ll keep me going for some time to come :slight_smile:

There’s no way I’d have the time to fly a third drone!

I always said if I was new to the scene I’d go for an Air, rather than a Pro. But now with the MP2 out in the wild, if I was new to the scene I might change that first choice from the Air to the MP2.

Have DJI confirmed the ‘standard’ Mavic Pro is now end of life?

2 Likes

I have to agre Rich
I watched the Cassie video and looking at the side by side examples the mav 1 looked more colourful in my opinion
So I’m out…

1 Like

I’m thinking there is going to be a lot of poor people come the end of the month, because of the I must have the latest model brigade,

As my wife tells me I’m one of the brigade :crazy_face:

1 Like

I beleive the line is ‘Hi i’m @Turbys9 and I’m an early adopter’

2 Likes

:joy:

So whose gonna get one of the new Mavic 2 drones and which 1?
Mavic 2 pro or Mavic 2 zoom?

Moved your post into here. :+1:

If I did get one I think I would prefer the mavic 2 zoom over the mavic 2 pro

The best camera is the camera you’ve got with you when you need one.
I’ve traveled loads in the 80s through to 2000…(US, All of Europe inc Norway, Sweden - NZ & Australia ) shame the M2P wasn’t around then.
Don’t do anywhere near as much overseas travel these days (no money) so pretty much stuck with photographying the UK.

I’m just going to have to go Buddhist on this one for a while and try not think about it.

Then again … I’ve got a nice Canon 70-200 Pro lens if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

Just watched a hands on video of the Zoom version and the only thing going for it is the zoom. The side sensors are redundant unless in tripod mode or active track and you get an extra 3 minutes of battery life, not really enough of an incentive to part with £1k+
I’ll stick with my Air :ok_hand:

3 Likes

i totally agree with what Paul M says |

1 Like

Well, so far, I have nearly convinced myself that I would need to get rid of at least 3 of my early drones, before I even consider buying the MP2, which one?
No point in the Zoom in my opinion!, I would just fly a bit closer ,or further out.
The 1” sensor is all I would want!.
Jury dismissed !
(Until at least next week!,then…)
Still love me little Air, and MP.

1 Like

For me it would b the Pro with the larger sensor and prime lens, probably as coming from a landscape photography background. With a larger sensor you should get better quality images and the ability to crop post event to a similar level of quality to the zoom. And primes lenses tend to offer better image quality than a zoom.

But we will need to see the reviews of comparison of actual real life use, rather than the reviews of what be, which we are going to see a lot on you tube over the next couple of weeks.

That being said my Air is blooming brilliant considering size and price :smile:

1 Like

20 meg gives you a lot of crop scope.

Well i ordered a pro 2 an hour into the release from dji and they are saying 3-5 days I’ve got the Should have it next week. Looking at the speck This is what I have been waiting for.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Rich
You are a bad man :rofl:
I’m new to the scene, you told me to stick with the MP when I could return it

Whilst feeling a little jealous, we will all be looking forward to pictures and first thoughts!!! :wink:

2 Likes

Stewart and Alina at Drone Film Guide have done an excellent job of summarising the arguments for buying the Pro, the Zoom, or neither of them.

Like the rest of their stuff, it’s clear, concise, and well explained. Didn’t tell me anything I didn’t know, but they are interested in the same two things that I am: the dynamic range on the Pro, and the compressed perspective on the Zoom.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pj-J4xqNWbE

Hopefully DJI bring out the “Pro Zoom” very soon! :+1:

Although finances hope it won’t be soon. :frowning_face:

3 Likes