Mavic 2 Pro as a first drone?

I still haven’t bought a drone mainly due to me faffing and not being able to decide on which one, I have made up my mind ( i think) the question is will the Mavic 2 pro be ok for a total novice?

3 Likes

Absolutely I started out with MP and others then moved up to Zoom happy flying :+1:

1 Like

My first drone as well M2P and loving it

1 Like

My advice - and others may vary - Buy the Mavic. Read the manual. Watch videos. Read the manual. Find a large open area (having read the manual) and take a friend with you to distract passers-by. Make sure there are no obstructions and set the Return to Home feature (It’s in the manual).

Set it to beginner mode (it’s in the manual) and practice. Use the Mavic to record what its doing. Don’t try for stupendous video, jst reord what you are up to. Use up all you batteries (down to 30%). Go home. Recharge. Look at the video. See wnat you could do better. Read the manual to find out how to achieve that.

Rinse and repeat.

Have fun while doing it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ll just say three words!..
It’s “The Dogs Do Dahs” (well ok ,4 words)
Seriously, you cannot go wrong with that choice in my opinion, you’ll love it !.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about the video for the first few flights. Practice flying. Then when you are happy start thinking about the video. But never forget about the flying.

3 Likes

was for me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

seriously though, taken me from someone who had flown an old parrott 4-5 years ago for a bit to someone that (I think) is confidently flying and producing reasonably smooth footage

M2P is great

1 Like

M2Z was my first drone, I can echo the advice above - flying first, photos/videos second. There’s a lot to learn but if you take it a bit at a time, it’s straightforward enough.

1 Like

Yup, my first ever drone was the MP too :+1:t2:

1 Like

The MP2 was my first drone. It’s so sophisticated, it’s easy to fly safely. Takes a while longer to fly skilfully :blush:

4 Likes

To be honest, any cheap toy drone off ebay will help with your flying skills as well. So you can practice the hard tasks like flying it with it pointing toward you. And you can do it in door when the weather is bad. A worthwhile £20-30 investment.
But still get a M2P.:grin:

1 Like

My first big boy drone was Mavic Pro, 2nd drone Mavic 2 pro.

Fantastic to control and lot’s of free help on here :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys I’ll order one tomorrow is the smart controller worth the extra?

2 Likes

IMHO yes. Much more convenient than a phone and a good, bright display.

1 Like

Depends on your budget.

I’d get the fly more pack before anything else.

2 Likes

There’s an offer on at the moment it’s not cheap though, 3x batteries, smart controller and some other stuff.

Oh! and the drone.

2 Likes

Smart controller is a very good investment easy to handle no wires or cables. Bright display you won’t regret buying the full set up.I only just got the full set up myself or m2p and smart controller. I live in sterling if you’re close let me know

1 Like

I live in West Wales and have masses of room, my neighbour who is 1/2 mile away owns a fair bit of hilly/mountainous land and once up ontop there you can see and fly for miles.

Sounds like an ideal place for a meet up Phil.