Mavic 2 Pro fly more package £700 secondhand - Scam?

Hi quick question. Im now looking for a Mavic Air 2 package but Ive come across someone offering a Mavic 2 Pro flymore pack for £700. Hes offered to demo the unit in working order and says it has about 5 hrs total flight time. Seems like an amazing offer to me. So is it worth it? Or should I continue looking for an Air 2?

1 Like

Sounds very good,almost too good? However,having said that,if the guy is willing to let you see the drone,and see it flying,this may well be a bloody good deal! I would defo give this a look,and i would also say,be quick! It will not hang around long at that price… :+1: :+1: :+1: :wink:

3 Likes

Just check before biting any hands off that it IS a Mavic 2 Pro and not the earlier Mavic Pro (which sells for around £700 as a Flymore Combo)

1 Like

Hi yeah its starting to sound a bit dodgy now. It was listed as london and I would have gone in person to view but he says he has moved to Inverness and would have to send a video. Hes also a new user on the app so must have registered under wrong address. Starting to raise a red flag to be honest.

2 Likes

Tell him you can make it to Inverness as you’re visiting an aged aunt.

Lol I was thinking along the same lines. “I have a friend who lives near Inverness that can come around to see it demonstrated. When are you available?” Then wait for the radio silence :grin:

2 Likes

Ive now found a Mavic Air 2 flymore package brand new still sealed for £725 which I can go to pick up. Think that sounds like a safer bet to be honest

4 Likes

You’ve made the right choice. The MP2 had all the alarm bells of a possible scam.

Nidge

2 Likes

Yeah I think so too. Now Im getting a bit paranoid lol has anyone ever purchased a brand new ‘still sealed’ DJI product and later found out that it was not new and been resealed? Ive just been reading about scammers realing boxes with used drones etc. Is there an easy way to check if the drone has ever been activated? Im hoping to go and buy this Air 2 tomorrow from a private seller but dont want to get scammed for £720 and find out its been used or maybe even damaged. I suspect as its still sealed the seller wont allow me to open the box until money has exchanged hands by which time its too late.

That’s a great price, I paid £949 for mine from currys. Just make sure it is actually the fly more combo as the Air 2 is around £650 on it’s own. If that is legit 100% snap that hand off! :+1:

A sure way to tell if it is new (once you open it) will be the batteries if you press the button and it lights up then it has previously been charged and is no longer in the (new hibernation mode) it won’t light up if it has never been charged before.

All the accessories including props should all be still in shrink wrap or sealed packets

Cheers for advice guys very useful. To be honest I wouldnt mind if it had been lightly used at that price but Im more concerned of getting home and opening up and finding its faulty and not having any come back. Guess thats the chance you take with private sales :confused:
I dont suppose there is a website you can enter a serial number to check if its been activated before? Or wishful thinking? Lol

If you can get the drones serial number you could contact DJI via this DJI Forum and find out if the drone has been activated or not? Just an idea, hope this helps :+1:

Thanks Deano Ill see if I can get the serial number. Just out of curiosity when you purchased yours did the box have a warranty seal sticker on the box?

Nope, but it was sealed in a clear plastic wrap and had clear round stickers sealing the lid on the box under the clear wrap.

1 Like

Ok cool thats what this one looks like so :crossed_fingers:t2: cheers

1 Like

Hope it’s legit man because that’s an absolute steal! And an amazing drone I absolutely love mine handles the wind superb takes fantastic 360 photos and tiny planets :grin: and the active track point of interest mode really helps a beginner point shoot some amazing smooth professional level video :grin:

1 Like

I hope so Deano then I capn stop searching and finally start flying! Im so excited to get started. The Mrs will be happy too as every evening since deciding to get a drone Ive been glued to my phone watching review videos and articles and searching high and low for a great drone at a good price lol

You just know that once you get one the weather will be pants for the next few weeks lol law of the sod! :rofl:

2 Likes