Mavic Air 2 now at Argos!

Mavic Air 2 now available at Argos !

https://www.argos.co.uk/list/shop-dji-mavic-air-2?tag=ar:shop:dji:mavic-air2

3 Likes

Jesus! That’s dear! Or is that cheap for what it is?

Its the standard price, DJI have always told retailers what the price should be.

2 Likes

Mine arrived from China today. Never realised ordering straight from dji came from there

1 Like

I can order now (if i wanted !) and pick it up at local Sainbury’s at 10 am tomorrow !.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: :mask:

Did you escape import duty and VAT…?? Cheers

Why is the original air still being sold for a higher price??? :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

cos they are greedy, stupid idiots !.

3 Likes

@Malcy I still paid Vat etc. As far as I can work out I’ve still paid Uk prices.

DJI scammed me a bit in that when you go to their site they offer a 5% discount. I thought I was going to be saving £40. Turns out that they don’t offer on mavic 2. I kicked off a little and they discounted me a tenner.

Cheeky sods have put it as a credit though and they didn’t agree with me feeling scammed in that I have to spend more with them to get my credit. Other than that though I’m happy.

3 Likes

Immediate collection near me, tempting!

5 Likes

Seems everyone nowadays is trying some scam or other, well apart from us Dronies… obviously… lot of companies show lower price on export chit, if customs get suspicious and open and check you can get big bill as happend to me on guitar from China, company halved the price on chit, customs opened it but fortunately I had it made with no motifs on it… so they couldn’t price it properly, got letter with it saying keeping an eye on me… haha… still cost me 150£… Cheers

1 Like

Hiya all, I received this reply from DJI yesterday regarding my enquiry about the Mavic Air 2 and the CE classification. So it might be worth holding off for a while. Unless you simply can’t wait :grinning:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.
As the new CE rules won’t come into effect until the beginning of July 2020, drones that we are currently selling cannot be verified by the new CE rules. DJI will make the Mavic Air 2 certified according to the new CE rules immediately after the new CE rules come into effect.

3 Likes

Well, that’s made my mind up!.
God forbid anyone who tries to flog me an old one after July !.
Glad I did now !.
My line to the Salesman, will be?
“Sorry!, does not meet CE regulations ,here in the UK”
By July hopefully all the bugs it may have will have gone, if any!.

2 Likes

I thought the new CE rules dont come into affect until at least 1st Nov 2020 now ?

More in the other thread: EASA and the UK! - #47

Yes,…they were delayed… That was dJI ‘s answer all the same, maybe that’s when they originally planned for…Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Let’s hope so and they fit ads-b to European versions too like N America

Wonder if the non CE ones will sell for bargain prices after the new rules come in :thinking:

1 Like

They may do as will be classed as legacy drones, so i think you would need either a GVC or a PfCO to fly them in congested areas

By the sounds of the email from DJI it looks like when the CE drones are required they will do the necessary on new drones but i guess they wont be passed down to drones already bought ??