Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Mini

To throw into the mix… I’d looked at the zino!

2 Likes

Brilliant Thanks Nidge I might make that my next :thinking: :grin:

Where would you recommend going to purchase one?

plus you can get batteries for the Air I can’t get none for the mini for love nor money
and a lot more accessory’s mine changes colour every other week £9 for a dif top shell

1 Like

Nidge makes a fair point… Should there be more competition

1 Like

Oh there’s plenty of competition out there but only a few that would match up to Nidge’s high level requirements for approval I would hazard a guess

“You ask and it shall be given”

https://uavcoach.com/drone-companies/#guide-1

Happy reading Or investing even!

Notice Nidges Drone company comes 2nd with a mention of his recommendation

P.S please don’t start writing to Nidge asking for Money :thinking: :joy:

What did you think? I’d say the Zino is very capable, has a 4k camera and the ‘combo’ pack costs less than the mini (when I checked last).

4 Likes

Getting advised to start with a tello… Then if I’m hooked to go for the likes of mavic 2 Pro which I read may soon be replaced

Is it possible to learn the basics on a tello

Not a bad idea!

As to DJI upgrades I personally don’t think they will do that until ready to bring out the ‘new rules’ compliant ready for July 2022 ( no not suggesting we won’t see them before then) Drones withe the CE ‘style’ Markings carrying the C1 to C4 imprinted markings

They have known about the rules for 2-3yrs possibly but there would be potentially :—

*Massive design changes as to Drone Safety
*Crash Testing etc (80 Newton’s to the head or whatever can’t remember now)

• To kill off some of their competitors they may choose this as an opportunity to radically overhaul their machine to a build that would have little impact on a Commercial Craft should it be struck (bit speculative)
  • Changes to the manufacturers my Lines
    *Now we’ve got the Corona virus effect who know what impact that could have on manufacturing and shipping Not to mention China’s Economy
1 Like

That wife of yours is very sensible!

Do hope I haven’t put my foot in it Sorry in advance if I have

1 Like

Was that… Not a bad idea to the tello option

Correct the Tello is a good fair weather high quality ‘toy with camera’ with which to hone your Flight skills

1 Like

Especially if you get the GameSIR controller as well.

2 Likes

Does that help

Yes

It gives you a Craft being controlled via a mobile Phone ‘fitted‘ into a Controller Just like ‘the big boys toys’ you will most likely move on to in the not so distant future

And it will never likely be looked back at and thought to have been a waste of money I would suggest

So you wouldn’t bother with a tello? Straight to a mini or air

Oh my goodness your asking me to decide for you!

I have both the Tello which I think is great and wouldn’t get rid of & I have the Air which is great and can’t see ever getting rid of :rofl:

1 Like

I have a Tello it’s not Very good in a breeze great to fly about indoors
still think you better of with the Air and they hold money ok

2 Likes