Mavic air 2 problem - incompatible gimbal error 30050

Hi guys had a problem with air 2 would not take due to incompatible gimble data haven’t crashed the drone had it up glencoe last weekend no problem then turned it on and this came up the code was 30050 could not calibrate anyone else had this thank you

Air Data suggests that code 30050 is an IMU problem. Try an IMU calibration and see if it helps :+1: :+1: :+1:

Jhdee it wont let me tried to press start button on app for calibration but doesn’t work wont let me go any further thanks thinking of sending air 2 down to drone doctor

Have you tried starting everything up - controller, device and drone with the rotors not turning then turning the drone on its side. This will quite often throw an IMU error and maybe allow the calibration to be done. Worth a try before sending it in :+1:

1 Like

Cheers jhdee will try that thank you

Hi jhdee just tried that still won’t let me press the start button for calibration

1 Like

Can you attach it to a PC/Mac and run assistant on it and try that way ?

Ok will try that cheers chris

Is the gimbal free to move and does it go completely through the start-up calibration ?? Might be some grit in the gimbal giving a false reading. I’d try a gimbal calibration too.

Hi yes it does its start routine then comes up on app incompatible gimble data

Try a gimbal calibration :+1: - sorry you’ve already tried that :roll_eyes:

Tried won’t let me press start on app

DJI Assistant as per Chris’ suggestion it is then …

Ok cheers just downloading that now thank you

Hi guys drone assist didnt work went thru calibration then restarted drone same problem thanks guys anyway

Drone doctor has got me out of c@@p many times if you know them all good there quick turn around too !
Hope you get it sorted they always get 5 stars from me

1 Like

Great kirky thank you for that getting it ready to post it just to print off postage haven’t even crashed the drone had flown up glencoe last weekend then decided to take it out sunday then this problem hopefully get it solved and get back flying thanks again :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Colin1 don’t forget to tell Drone Doctor you’re a member here, they’ll give you a nice discount.

Details of the discount scheme can be found in the #members-only category.

2 Likes

If you have to ring in ( as sadly dumbo here ) it’s been there a few times :person_facepalming:t2: although there all very professional & good try recommend doctor Matt or billy - I had a gimbal issue after a fall and although it was not broke it kept saying this message ( can not blah blah due to shooting mode ) which I wasn’t doing no footage or shooting - off there it went that was just a software hardware issue if you like - I praise these guys as I didn’t know where to turn ( forget dji :cold_sweat: ) never had a prob as said I’m sure these guys will get it sorted :crossed_fingers:t2: I’ve got a screen shot somewhere with the message / error I’ll see if I can find it ….
Sorry edit : who ever gets to work on your drone there is good so didn’t really need to mention names above & they keep you updated & actually very speedy once your drone is with them !

1 Like

Cheers pingspike thank you will mention that thank you :blush:

1 Like