Mavic clone s162/second drone

Hi fuys, love my phanton 3 but looking at doing some camping in remote areas in the lakes etc and something to take on my bike on days weekends away etc and while i would love a mavic mini i cant afford one !
Has anyone heard of the one above ?
I have been looking at some on ebay and all are under the £100 and i do not expect them to come close to a mavic but just wondering if anyone has experience of the above or can recommend one ?
It has to be folding and under the 250g mark as i want it to be as easy in all areas as possible.
Thanks in advance.

@dazer2000 no link in your post mate so not sure what drone that it.

At a guess, it’s another Eachine 58 clone?

If so, we’ll merge this thread in to the existing topic on the same drone / clones.

Let us know?

Hi there…i am always pretty bad with posting in the right thread so please feel free to move.
There are so many different numbers of drones and they look much the same some have different features.
Just wondering about buying as a second “travelling” drone.
I do not expect a phantom or mavic just gps and a decent camera.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mavic-mini-Clone-S162-Drone-with-4K-5G-WIFI-FPV-HD-Camera-Foldable-RC-Quadcopter/114046671672?pageci=b4a6c676-306f-4a91-b215-6aace72f90ed

They are quoting 18 mins fly time so I would expect much less. No mechanical gimbal only electronic stabilisation but maybe on a calm day it would be ok. Interesting that in the advert they say it weighs 242g with battery but have put 249g on the drone?

It also shows 3 batteries in the picture but text says 2 are included.

Typical chinesse write up I guess lol, I am after something portable, I did think about selling my P3 but like the pictures it takes, love a mavic but just cant justify to her indoors lol

There a a few minis on eBay at the moment that are open to offers at £200 - £250. Not sure what they would accept though. One is a fly more combo but may be worth a try.

1 Like

That is the one I would go for but due to summer coming up with the kids I cant really look over the £100 might be able to next month.

1 Like

I’ll keep my eye out for you. If you go for the clone I’d be interested to know how it performs. I’ve had the Mini fly more a couple of months now and it’s really good for what it is and I love the portability.

1 Like

Thank you, yes that is what I am after portable as so I can take it away for the day on my bike, walking etc.
I managed to cause nerve damge in my back which means I do not have much control on my right foot and leg as I use to but as long as I do not carry weight I find I am a little better than I were this time last year.

1 Like

Glad to see you’re on the mend. Good luck with finding something portable that does the job for you.

2 Likes

It does not bother me as much as I already have operators ID etc butI did hear they were going to bring the same rules in for drones under 250g ?

1 Like

250grams and capable of data collection. By this definition they mean carrying a camera. What they don’t define though is it a drone with a camera and onboard storage, or a drone with a camera with ground based storage (DVR), or a drone with a camera and no recording capability - such as a sub 250grams racing/freestyle quad with a small analog camera/video system.

Nidge.

2 Likes

I still own a chinese mavic clone that was about £50 off ebay. The flight time was meant to be 16 mins but never got more than 12. The biggest let down was the quality of the “hd” camera - almost completely useless for photography, BUT the drone was useful for learning how to fly as it’s much harder to control than an MP2 for example. The kids still use it as I brought about 5 batteries and it’s fun to fly in open spaces with no one around. With a simple range extender on the controller, I managed to get about 200m (was about 50m previously)

2 Likes

Hi mate, does this mean drones under 250 will be covered ?

The new regs coming into force will mean anything able to “collect data” ie has a camera will need registration… including tinywhoops so my 50g whoop will need to be registered tho how I am supposed to attach my op number to it is beyond me

1 Like

Drone x pro,is being sold for£23.00 by a number of different sellers on Fleabay… :thinking: :rofl: :rofl:

I bought one similar and sent it back as it just kept flying away with no control and kept crashing into things but some of the guys recon the Enchin 58 if I’ve got the name right is ok as a starter drone and you can pick one of these up for about £58

2 Likes

When do they come in ? and do all the rules in drone code still relate to them ? ie 50m from a building etc.

@dazer2000 there’s a whole thread on that subject over here:

1 Like