Mavic mini Car charger

Can the mavic mini batteries be charged in a car using a normal 12v phone charging cable or is there a charger available.

76 results from eBay search. I have similar for Mavic Air batteries. Not very fast and one battery (and controller) at a time but useful in emergency

1 Like

I’ve connected the mini charging hub to my car USB just using a phone lead as you ask, but couldn’t get them to quick charge (charging lights moving very slowly), although it was charging.

I’ve been experimenting with a Powerbank with mixed results, need to get myself an 18v fast charge one (happy fathers day to me)

Anyone else used a Powerbank in the field (sorry to hijack your thread @Warlock1971)

1 Like

Not a problem. @milkmanchris

Old thread, tech has no doubt moved on, worth a bump: In the field charging

1 Like

A lack of amps, I’m guessing?

1 Like

Not very aware of the Mavic air. But just a suggestion how about a power inverter plugged into the “accessory” socket and then charging with a mains charger?

1 Like

Great idea. And i’ve got one somewhere.

Need to check what load it’s drawing. and the load rating on your car’s accessory socket. Some can be fused as low as 5 amps. (2 amps when I were a lad!)

Also - chances are you’re better getting a quality car socket USB charger - that will be more efficient than converting to mains and back. That will only add to the current needed.

Personally - I only ever use an inverter clipped direct to the battery for that reason. But it is a 200W inverter, so on a good day that will be needing 17A at 12V.

1 Like