Mavic Mini motor covers

The motors generate heat when they are under load and there is an appreciable current flowing through the coils i.e when they have a prop on which is carving through air and supporting the weight of the drone itself.

As for motor covers… Meh

2 Likes

Sounds all pimp my drone up. Save your money. :+1:

1 Like

Fair comment never thought of that ! :smile:

1 Like

I’ll just put this here, this test proves once and for all that there are no changes in temperature with or without the motor covers. I didn’t do this video, a bloke in Canada did.

Then it must be true :wink:

You come across as being quite defensive of these accessories @Badly_Drone_Boy - despite some of the expert opinions and advice given by members here in various threads covering this subject :person_shrugging:t2:

Are you making and selling them on eBay? :thinking:

1 Like

When hovering near a Christmas tree in an indoor setting.

Surely needs to be tested after it’s been under load or shall I shut up :thinking::smile:

This is just a personal opinion, but one formed from 30 years experience as an electrical engineer from the electronics and manufacturing industry. Motor manufacturers take a great deal of time to design their products and rigorously test them to ensure they perform as designed.
Any modification to their specs WILL have an effect on how they were designed to function. This effect may be so miniscule you’d never notice without test equipment. But the effect could also be catastrophic. I once replaced the bearings on a 415v 300hz motor designed to run at 3000rpm. I did not use the manufacturers recommended bearings as I had none in stock and thought “whats the worst that could happen”? Well what happened is that the bearings gave up the ghost after 24 hours of production, causing the motor to shit itself and go up in a puff of smelly smoke. The motor itself was only £700, but the lead time was 4 weeks. This meant production losses and unhappy bosses.
So, would I fit caps to my mini? No. They might be fine, they might not. But I’m not willing to find out through personal experience.

You can take a horse to water…

No I don’t make these nor do I sell them on eBay, I just believe that they pose absolutely no danger to the drones.

I can’t help your view of coming across as defensive on the matter, and to be honest I am giving up trying to prove my point.

There you go.

Just a word of caution if making claims under refresh

2.4.2. Exclusions
The losses, expenses, and liabilities listed below are not covered by any of the DJI Care Refresh services:

1. The part is not covered by the service.
  2. Damage to a non-DJI product.
  3. Damage caused by using the DJI product with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI