Mavic pro gimbal overload

Hi all, sorry for being quite lately. Life took an odd turn lately with a change of career and now I’m driving trucks for a living :man_shrugging:

Only got the chance to get the drone out again yesterday, I thought I would try and take some night images of the fireworks however I am having issues with the gimbal.

I get this message,

And the drone constantly does this,

Anyone experienced this before and know a possible solution?

Thanks in advance

Oh just to note, I have checked the gimbal and it does move freely, smoothly and with no obstructions.

Not sure what’s causing it but normally this is fixed by replacing the gimbal ribbon cable. Have a look at some videos on how that’s done.

1 Like

Take a look at the vid in this post of mine … looks very similar. Ribbon cable replacement needed.

That thread has other useful info re replacing the ribbon cable, including links to YT posts that I followed to carry out the replacement.

Also some associated info in this thread …

… along with some pics I posted of opening up the shell.

Shout if you need other help.

1 Like

Sorted now, found your thread plus couple of YouTube vid extremely helpful :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Not gonna lie i did stop at one point and Google where my nearest drone repair shop was in the hopes that I could just drop them a mavic pro in peices and have them fix it :exploding_head::exploding_head: however with a little perseverance and some swear words I got it gone and the gimbal is acting as it should again. Thanks :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

2 Likes

It is one serious fiddle … but, SO satisfying when it’s all back working again. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I had a massive sense of achievement once it was done :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like