Mavic Pro Maiden Flight

1st flight with the MP, very windy and cold and dismal but a nice stable flight and RTH was spot on

12 Likes

Nice mate looking, fwd to good weather for a meet up :+1:

1 Like

Well done !±!! :+1:
You are the proud owner of a fantastic piece of space age kit - look after it and it will pay you back X100 - most of all enjoy !!!

2 Likes

Great First Maiden Flight Matt.
Not to be critical of your flight Matt, but as an observation.
I would look at slowing down your Yaw Rate (left and right turning) in settings, and possibly the Camera Pitch speed (up & down) it will give you a lot smoother slower turns and make the video less jerky.
@ianinlondon has loads of helpful videos in setting up your bird to get the best from it.

1 Like

Good constructive criticism buddy and taken on board, didn’t know whether to put it in tripod mode but I’ll definitely go into settings and slow everything down :grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

Matt, I am in no way being critical, just trying to pass on my own experience.
You will find that turning the camera tilt control knob with very little movement improves your video, not so important in photos.
The same applies to the joysticks on the controller, small slow movements look so much better on your display screen, and on the final resulting video.
You have a great drone there that is still up with the big boys and is very capable of stunning photos/videos.

1 Like

I appreciate any help I can get to improve my vids Chris bud it’s all a learning curve for me at the minute but enjoying every second I have one of them in the air :grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

Sounds like you have that disease

“Ilovemydroneitis” :+1:

1 Like

:joy::joy::+1:

This is the video I go back to all too regularly to check my own settings :grinning:

5 Likes

Brilliant informative vid :grin::grin::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Does this apply to all drones

I think so if they’ve got same settings etc

1 Like

@Banksy71 This video is for the Mavic Pro, 2 Pro and Zoom. The Mavic Air also has many of these settings and even the Mavic Mini has Gimbal Speed and Smoothness, along with CineSmooth mode instead of Tripod Mode.

Cheers,
Ian

1 Like