Mavic Pro Motor Failure

It does save on a lot of chin wagging…:laughing:

1 Like

So just tried to open the leg but it’s not having it…

1 Like

And finally we get to know what it takes if you wanted to just change the motor.

2 Likes

Blimey Lance
Has the dog had hold of that Mavic arm?

Naaa it’s her indoors, likes to chew, seriously though it’s bloody strong glue, DJI are making sure you have to buy an arm and a leg if your motor plays up…:hot_face:

2 Likes

The motor…

And it costs you an arm and a leg :rofl:

4 Likes

Took the Mavic out for test flight, few straight, the slight hiccup in the motor sound is total gone and the battery lasted longer.

Here he is saying thanks for the repair…

4 Likes

Great news @Njoro and thanks again for all the teardown pics!

1 Like

Having manage to mangle that cover-strip out of the arm, have you determined a method of getting it out in a manner that makes it reusable?

There’s no way to do it cleanly, the plastic is a fusion weld of some sort.

1 Like

Glad it’s sorted Lance.
Thanks for the tear down, always good to see how they fit them together

1 Like

The children in the factory will have stronger nimbler little hands than an ex firefighter @mickydd :wink:

1 Like

Would it be possible to remove the cover without damaging the arm by drilling a hole in the cover and using the hole as a lever point? It should be fairly easy to 3D print a new cover to replace afterwards…

Thinking about it, a hole may facilitate a neater solution actually so yes, good idea; as I’d bought the arm, I just wanted to see how the wires were held in.
I haven’t found anywhere that sells the motor on it’s own the two motors I bought off eBay turned out to be second hand from China.