Midland FPV Spring Meet - 24/25/26th May 2024

Karl @notveryprettyboy and I have been able to secure the use of our Heli Club field for a weekend meet, with camping available for the Friday and Saturday nights.
The site is just 7 miles from Twycross in central England easy access from M1, M42, M6 etc.

Planned events are:

• FPV race course, I’m hoping @yith will be able to provide race timing kit
  • Obstacle course, scaffolding structures, curtains, gates, flags, bridges, strawbale piles etc. (we’ll be accumulating equipment between now and then, If you have, or can make, any suitable stuff please let us know and bring it along)
  • Barbeque on Saturday night, there’s bound to be some sort of entertaining behaviour :slight_smile:
  • ‘Swap Meet’ tables, for a nominal fee of £5 bring the stuff you want to swap or sell

Now the sensitive bit, the above activities are primarily for the ‘home built’ or BNF FPV type of craft. Although I was not at last years BIG MEET I hear there were a number of instances where DJI ‘camera drones’ were flown without warning to existing flyers and video losses occurred which can cause crash damage. When a race or obstacle challenge is running we ask all to respect radio band usage and not fly without agreement.

Third party insurance required for all flyers, BMFA, FPVUK, GADC all acceptable

To try and give the ‘camera droners’ a great event we will publish interesting places in the locality and help arrange excursions out.
This club field does have a solar farm and a river close by but it’s not the most interesting of places and as it is a BMFA and local council registered site there are some no-fly areas over local housing.

Coffee and snack van will be available and supply trips to the local MacDonald’s will be arranged. There are numerous hostelries in the area for refreshment.

For those not wanting to camp we’ll publish a list of local lodges/accommodation close by.

Proposed attendance fees to cover costs are:

• Persons attending both days and camping will pay £25
  • Persons attending on a ‘day’ basis will pay £10

Please indicate your interest in the poll below. The sooner we know how many
are coming the better event we can have.

Thank you and ‘Happy Flying’
:smiley:

• I’ll be coming, camping as well !
  • I’ll be coming, as a day visitor
  • I’m not sure, need to check the diary
  • Sorry No, prior commitments
  • Not for me, but enjoy yourselves
0 voters
2 Likes

Woohoo! Any insurance requirements, being BMFA?

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder Martin @gunja99

Third party insurance required for all flyers, BMFA, FPVUK, GADC all acceptable

1 Like

Sounds great. Unfortunately I have gigs both days that weekend. :frowning:

1 Like

Also never know if the weather will ruin this and/or big meet so good to have a backup I guess :smiley:

1 Like

Presume no power on site ?
Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I just hope @Steviegeek brings his EV, sorted :wink:

1 Like

Generator available all weekend :+1:

1 Like

OMG

1 Like

I know @sachasb will want to come, so need to get organised.

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

well you need to get those changed, it’s an FPV do, we neeeeeeed you there :man_shrugging:

Looking likely I’ll make it down for atleast one day. Maybe overnight but not 100%.

2 Likes

do you have a post code or address want to work out how practical it will be for me to attend

1 Like

IMG_0587

Is it all right for us camera drone operators/ owners to attend ? Sounds like fun and an opportunity to film FPV drones doing their stuff :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, of course, all welcome :+1::+1:

There will be times though allocated for flying on certain types and frequencies
Most requirements can be covered though

Is there a charge for spectators ? I live not too far from here but only have a DJI Avata but would love to spectate at this event.

NO, come and join us :slight_smile:

Awesome will defo do and you guys can fuel my impulsive wants to get more fully into FPV with a self built unit haha

3 Likes