Mini 2 Controller not charging, any ideas?

Mini 2 been packed away for a month just got it out tryed charging controller charges for about a minute then nothing it still turns on and works just doesn’t charge any ideas? Thanks

Have you tried a different cable? Or a different plug?

Yes different cable different plug different socket lol no joy

2 things. Firstly. Is the actual controller attempting to charge or is nothing at all happening on the charge front. If so it could be the small ‘tab’ has broken off inside the controller connector. It’s a common fault first identified with the Mavics, especially when using a non original charging cable.Secondly, if the controller is accepting a charge at first then not charging, try turning the charger on and off, up to 10 or 20 times. This ‘kick starts’ a completely dead battery to start to accept the charge. My money is on the former because you say the controller turns on, so the battery is not completely dead.

No its trying to charge and I only use the cable that came with it

Silly question but is it already fully charged? If it is, it will look like its starting to charge then cut off. How many leds are lit when you turn it on?

1 Like

None

Unlikely to be this @Brian the M2 controller is USB C

But you said before that it’s turning on and working as normal?

So when you turn it on there are no leds lit up?

Well that’s an improvement for mini2 owners… My mini has the older style connector on the controller and the usb-c on the machine.

1 Like

Turn it on and it works normal it bleeps and the lights come on

How many lights? All four?

2 Likes

When it’s on? 4 when it charging all 4 but like sweeping from left to right

I’m really confused :grimacing:

Can you post a video on YouTube so we can see the issue?

2 Likes

If you press the power button briefly to display the current charge level, how many lights come on?

What you’re describing here makes it sound like it’s already fully charged? :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Well I am a idiot lol and it’s been a while since I’ve had it out I’m positive it’s broke erm I will post a video later

When it’s fully charged it’s meant to have 4 solid lights right?

To check the level of charge:

Just press the button once and let go if all 4 lights light up then its fully charged.

To power it on:

Short press then press and hold the power button until it powers on. The lights will sweep to the right and all 4 lights will stay on indicating full charge. If only 1 or 2 lights stay on then the battery is flat.

3 Likes

This is correct but only when you turn it on. As @DeanoG60 said When it’s charging the lights sweep left to right. When it’s fully charged the lights go out. A short press of the power button will light the leds to show you how much charge is in the battery. If it has 4 leds lit after a short press then it’s fully charged, which will be why it starts charging and then stops after a short time to avoid over charging :+1:t2:

2 Likes

if its sweeping left to right when on then its searching for the mini 2, then once you connect it it will show how many solid greed dots are charged (25% increments )

4 Likes