Mini 2 loses a prop

Our man @Windswept with an interesting video

9 Likes

Great video, but certainly scary when something like that happens. Well done to complete the RTH.

1 Like

I wish I had more time to watch your videos…always amusing.

1 Like

I think I’d have been looking for a safe place to land asap

2 Likes

@Windswept What make are the props that failed

They’re official DJI props bought from DJI website.

I’ll make shorter videos :wink:

I did consider landing on the footpath, but she was flying so erratically she might well have landed in a tree or water, so I decided (with plenty of battery power left) to assist her home :slight_smile:

I did consider landing on the footpath, but was worried that she’d land in a tree or water as she was flying very erratically. Decided just to guide her home instead.

1 Like

They’re official DJI props bought from DJI website.

1 Like

To be honest I would have tried to bring her home too. It’s hard to beat landing at one’s feet.

1 Like

As strange as it sounds, I thought bringing her home was the safest thing to do, given the area where I was flying.

1 Like

Sometimes a flight is safer than a walk, and if the flight is successful, there’s more chance of retrieving the drone, from there you get to figure what went wrong, learn and share so others can benefit from your experience.

The alternative might be leaving a drone out there for some animal to find—not ideal.

1 Like

Actually, I just checked my DJI account. Those props were not bought from DJI, they were bought from a different seller, but advertised as official DJI props. Hmmm… I don’t want to say where I bought them from just yet because I don’t know if the seller buys them as B stock or something from DJI and I don’t want to marr a reputation unnecessarily.

Advice?

@Windswept Robert, did you fill the census in ;o)

1 Like

What is the packaging like the props were in, does it look authentic

Also why did you change them

1 Like

They are identical to official DJI props, in same packaging and advertised as official DJI props. I ordered them from the different seller at the same price, but delivery was quicker (as it turned out, delivery was NOT any quicker)

LOL, aye I did. you’re the first person that has mentioned that! :wink:

1 Like

@Windswept why did you feel the need to change the props?

Here are pukka DJI Mini 2 props and original packaging for reference:

1 Like