Mini Meetup Harborough Rocks 6/3/22

Haha nice tool!

She’s all ready to go. I did have it ready three or 4 weeks ago. Bit buzzer broke and realiaed the arm protectors were too talll to give me grip. Re printed that.flad you got your buzzer working. My new one is awkward (will replace the vi fly at some point with another.)

All batteries charged.

So everyone getting there for 13:30?

That’s my plan

Won’t be coming today, my knees are killing me and ibuprofen won’t touch it, so probably not the best day for walking up hills over rough ground!

Sorry John. See you next time :+1:

Glorious. Spot the droners.

2 Likes

If I’d gone, I’d be lying on the floor, waiting for the Air Ambulance to carry me to hospital!!! :smiley:

1 Like

We could not get up there for the meeting time so we had a ride up on the bike later just to see where it was & access. for next time hopefully, What a spot the views were spectacular!!! Jon & Denise :man_mage: :owl:

Great location to get back in the air. Wasn’t as cold and came back with a drone this time… Minus a few bits of props. Still can’t believe @Earwig let me fly it home like that no wonder some video wobble. Thanks @notveryprettyboy for the charges and we’ll done yith and son on breaking all your drones! Please build mine so I can crash! Hopefully out again soon!

1 Like

Yes. Great day out. Took a little getting used to flying on a bumpy hill, but some nice lines and gaps here.

2 Likes

Not all drones were broken!

So far there’s just:

• the lens on the foxeer mix on the gecko broken. I think a micro eagle 2 lens will fit… but none of the ones I have will focus.
  • Caddx peanut refuses to connect to anything… It just now decided to flash red, which means that its too hot apparently… I will continue to try it.

How many of the breakages were your doing? Heh.

Just copying off the video ATM. Doesn’t look like unrecorded DVR for the last flight. Though runcam footage good!

1 for each of us… both involved that gap under the stairs!

Well nothing would make it work… so a couple of emails later and the peanut is winging it’s way back to Kowloon to be repaired!

This leaves me with zero HD cameras…

• Runcam 4K Hybrid is not working, cable is probably at fault and a new one is on it’s way from the People’s Republic.
  • Foxeer Mix has a busted lens, a possible replacement is on it’s way from a UK retailer.
  • Peanut… as above

So I’ve bought a Runcam Thumb, though that also is on it’s way from the far side of the world…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gizayen-Wireless-Action-Waterproof-Outdoor/dp/B07ZJ61KMD/ref=sr_1_10

:wink::+1:

Looks like a quality product…

Good enough for smashing into stairs, rocks, steel girders, drowning in the river, etc… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not sure I’ll ever feel up to strapping a few hundred quid of camera to my badly-piloted missile. But you never know. :smile:

1 Like

So I sent my Caddx Peanut back to Hong Kong to be repaired… For some reason it went via Shanghai, just two days before their Covid lockdown started. It’s been stuck there for the last 2 months…

I just did my regular tracking check to find its finally left the airport…

Wow taken it’s time!

Yeah… it’s not even got to Caddx yet… This is why I bought a Go Pro and those Runcam Thumbs…

God knows when or if this will ever get back to me. I really want stabilised 4K back on my little quads though!

I’m just that I don’t live in Shanghai!

1 Like

OMG… it’s finally arrived in (near) Hong Kong… not got to Caddx yet though…