Mobile Phone Photos

Bit like some of the shops round here :joy:

Emley Moor Transmitter - Huddersfield.

iPhone 11 Pro.

4 Likes

Was ‘fortunate’ enough to have a trip to the top many years ago when I worked for NTL

1 Like

@milkmanchris i bet the sights were superb if a clear day, wouldn’t fancy the 7min journey to the top tho in the lift shaft :see_no_evil:

taken on Pocket 2

6 Likes

Just now, HDR’d to fuck with Snapseed (although the composition is my own)

@OzoneVibe Dont tell me, without leaving your bed! :grin:

Had another go at doing a day to night edit using a photo I took at Barton Marina on a dreary day with my Samsung S10e. This one took me roughly 6 hours on and off and overloaded my new all-singing-all-dancing PC (oh no…I can hear @milkmanchris in my head stating I should have got a Mac :face_with_spiral_eyes:)! Still struggling a bit with Photoshop’s more complicated healing processes but persevering so will get it eventually! :exploding_head:

FROM THIS

TO THIS

Oh well… back to YouTube tutorials! :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Not bad! Street lights need to be a little warmer is the main thing I see that’s out of place.

Good feedback :+1:. I’ll revisit the masks. Usually they give them a yellow hue on YouTube. :thinking:

Yellow is warmer than white. :wink: The exact colour shift is subjective in any case.
Thing is, it’s highly unlikely that they’d be that high a colour temp (c.5,500K-ish) with no colour cast.
Sodium lights are an orange/yellow, LEDs won’t be that high a colour temp in that scenario (they’d look strange to the eye in real life) and, even were the lights that white you’d have to modify the colour of their lighting of the ground beneath, to look like it came from them.

6 hours :exploding_head: if I can’t press a button and the software does it for me I’m finished, I have zero patience. The magic auto edit button in iOS is as far as I go.

@markas The beauty of retirement Mark is in bad weather :ok_hand: Cup of coffee and a buscuit… or two and sitting down and learning a new skill… in between watching the Masters Golf that is for me utopian :partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

I did lighten the ground but looked at lights in the street and by the time they hit the floor it wasn’t that obvious. I^ll warm em up. I made the mistake of 2 masks on top of each other (one for the bulb source and one for light and didn"t lower the exposure of the light mask to compensate. Good learning though. :+1:

1 Like

Every day is a school day.

Trouble is, at my age, the next day is a forget-what-you-learnt-yesterday day.

totaly loved the pic, and agree about the lights needing to be a bit warmer, it looks like the ones further away look nearly right its just the two closer that throw it off a bit. but totaly love that sky.

1 Like

Cheers @Aldric I reduced the exposure as the lights went further into the background but the PC had a wobbly and I thought I was going to lose most of the work I’d done so I exported before I finished TBH… but thx for the feedback. :+1:

Seeing @thewhoosh Keith’s Daily photo by drones of a lone tree in a field reminded me of this picture I took on top of Gardale Scar with my Samsung S10e last November. Thought I’d have a play with it in Ps.

I thought it looked like Groot, without his head, hitting on a bush (so to speak)!

9 Likes

A typical residential street in the heart of Southampton miles from any agriculture …

1 Like