Morning flight

So I’m hoping to get a sun rise shot tomorrow at yarmouth sea front what are the rules for morning flights

Hey Stephen hope the weather holds for you for a morning flight tomorrow :+1:t2: I’m not quite sure what you mean by rules for morning flights?

Can I fly just at the start of sunrise

I don’t know if Yarmouth has any specific rules but generally you can fly whenever you want as long as you’re following the drone code and not in a no fly zone. Actually sunrise is one of the best times to fly, less or no people about and fantastic light if you’re lucky :wink:

1 Like

Cool thank you . second year of flying gagging to get my new mavic air 2 in the air

1 Like

Wrap up warm.

5 Likes

Enjoy your morning flight Stephen and hope you get some good shots tomorrow :+1:t2: Be sure to post some pics for all of us to enjoy too. Also if its a lovely Sunrise tomorrow you can always enter it into the RTF Sunrise/Sunset competition :wink:

https://greyarro.ws/t/rtf-photo-competition-open-13-12-to-26-12-sunrise-sunset/22694

Thanks for heads up I’ll give it a shot

No worries Stephen and you’ll love your new Mavic Air 2 its a great piece of kit :+1:t2:

Fingerless mitts. You’ll understand why about 10 minutes after takeoff

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songwin-Waterproof-Touchscreen-Photographing-Activities/dp/B07N4K1S7M/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=photographers+gloves&qid=1608418176&sr=8-8

And a good flask/travel mug essential

5 Likes

I’ll second a good flask :+1:

2 Likes

In winter I can recommend one of these.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Washable-Electric-Temperature-Lightweight-Resistant/dp/B0823JGDXX/ref=asc_df_B0823JGDXX/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463343614517&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9766917142821835135&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006937&hvtargid=pla-954803591231&psc=1
And thermal gloves that have smartphone compatibility I’ve got some good thin ones which were £18 on amazon and a picked up a reasonable pair for £3 in Aldi.:rofl:

I think you were confusing drone rules with light aircraft and pilot regulations. Paramotors can only be airborne half an hour before sunrise and must land half an hour after sunset. Similarly light aircraft pilots that have only VFR (visual flight rules) have the same restriction. As long as you follow the drone code you can fly at any time.

1 Like

It is part of PfCO rules unless you have night flights in your operations manual as well. As a hobbyist you can fly anytime, under a PfCO unless its in the ops manual for night flights you can’t fly at night with the same restrictions for light aircraft etc. However most PfCO holders have it in their ops manual.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find a mention of him being PFCO certified, so just thought it was a nice (very) early morning flight without commercial intent. My bad!!

2 Likes

No not your bad, I was pointing out where he may have got the idea about night flights not being allowed.

2 Likes

Those gloves were a great recommendation :+1::+1:

1 Like

Just been looking at gloves this morning. I used to take a pocket warmer (charcoal)with me when I used to go fishing.
Goddardn01 Just be mindful of the heliport near Yarmouth stadium.

Thank you mate I think it has moved to Norwich airport I’m always on lookout for coast guard and such