Music for drone videos on You Tube - Royalty Free / Free

Kevin Macleod incompetech.com or Purple Planet Music.

I like his music

Apologies I couldnā€™t see anything in the search, so hopefully this is a first.

Currently for my video editing, Iā€™ve been using Epidemic Sounds, as if youā€™ve watched any tutorial videos online, everyone seems to be sponsored by them offering referral discounts etc.

As great as it is, the quality is ace, but Iā€™ve found that the search feature is limited and the sound effects are basic.

Just wondering which platform you use and would recommend, donā€™t mind paying a subscription but want to get good quality and mix of music to create premium looking videos.

• Epidemic Sounds
  • YouTube Premium
  • Artlist
  • Envato Elements
  • Other

0 voters

Moved your post over to this thread. :+1:

Cheers, knew it would be on here somewhere

Dont think itā€™s been mentioned on here yet, but lately iā€™ve been using https://uppbeat.io/

I like the interface, itā€™s easy to use and find stuff by theme or mood, and one of the better things I like it that I can see the length of the original, so if I need to remix it in Audition to adjust the length I know I can get something already close.

Thereā€™s a lot of good stuff you can use for free (requires you to copy and paste a code in your video description) however youā€™re limited to 10 downloads a month. If you want ā€˜premiumā€™ music or more downloads itā€™s Ā£6.99 a month, which isnā€™t bad! However Iā€™ve had no problems finding something suitable in the free downloads thus far.

3 Likes

Other: I use

Not brilliant but definitely good enough.

Ok, so, just fishing for opinions on what is a good source for music tracks for use in post, to up onto predominantly YouTube. I got into flying last year, and got a channel going , and found one of the hardest things to sort out, apart from the learning to fly, laws, different post software , EXPENSE(Iā€™m still hurting, but itā€™s worth itā€‹:grin:) is finding music tracks which are decent and free-ish(nothing in life is for freeā€‹:weary:) . In the beginning I just thought, sod it Iā€™m using stuff off me hdd, well, as you can guess, and I fully expected it, Iā€™ve collected a few copyright claims :persevere:. I can handle that, kind of, but Iā€™ve just had a vid worldwide banned on YT, it had Snow Patrol (top band) as the backing track. Anyways, I have loads of footage from last year to still edit, and will have shed loads from this year hopefully, but need some tracks to go with it. I canā€™t be doing with the claims off YT, and need to find a decent source of royalty free content,which, believe me, I have searched for, but there are so bloody many, an itā€™s driving me round the twistā€‹:crazy_face:. SO, just wondering what you guys on ere use as a source, I donā€™t mind paying a little, itā€™s just for recreational at the mo, not for commercial. All inputs welcome. Thanks in advance.

I use epidemic sounds small sub fee but no copyright strikes from YT ā€¦

Theres music and theres crap music and a lot of peole seem to pick the latter because THEY like itā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Do people not know in the YouTube creator studio there is TONS of music can use for free!

1 Like

Cheers, some guy on YT recommended epidemic, have yet to try. Had a look at Artlist yesterday, didnā€™t like most of the material, sounded like the stuff you get with editing software.

Why not start with free nusic and sound effects by Eric Matyas who is listed in the #members-only category of this forum.

As the name suggests the category is for full members only - i.e.the vast majority of us.

@EricMatyas is a good friend to GADC, his website contains hundreds of tunes covering a wide variety of categories and a whole range of soundeffects. All free with a request that a credit is placed somewhere in the video.

Give his wide selection a try! :slight_smile:

Yeah, thanks mate. Checked it out. Thereā€™s not much quality there is their? Cheers anyway.

My go too sites.

With these two sites, you just have to copy and paste the details of the track in the description of your video and youā€™re safe :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve used bensounds a few times very good :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s because everyone has a different idea about which is which. :wink:

If youā€™re trying to pander to everyone, the obvious answer is no music, but silent videos seem a bit weird too. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

My go to, but alot to go through to find what you want.

Cheers fellas. Iā€™ll check a few of these out through the week. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find some tracks on them I can use. I thought I had it sussed at one point, like someone else mentioned above, rip some material from some other drone footage on YT, I did, then slot it in on post, should have been good to go. Nar, got a C.claim on upload! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Bad luck I guess,:rofl:. Iā€™ll try some of the above. Cheers again.