My custom Mavic Air 2 / Mini 2 Tablet holder

I know this question already came up (more than once), I read those topics, did my research, but I gave up…

I’m looking for something to satisfy the following criteria:

• can hold a Samsung Tab S6 Lite (preferably with thick case)
  • balances out nicely (the weight of the tablet does not want to pull the controller out of my hands)
  • can fit the new format DJI RC (which the Mavic Air 2 and the Mini 2 uses)
  • does not have to rob a bank to get it (that’s where the MavMount 4.0 fell out, my budget is £35 tops)
  • arrives within days, not months

So, can any of you recommend something from personal experience?

:+1:t2: :+1:t2:

:bowing_man:t3:

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I’m not sure you are thanking me because I know the plural of criterium, or because I made a list… :smiley:

6 Likes

For future reference, if someone stumbles upon this topic, here is a design I found:

It’s an interesting concept with this cradle, but I don’t really like it: it makes accessing the buttons harder.

2 Likes

Good find, thanks for sharing @endrec :smiley:

And how do you route the OTG cable to the tablet?

And open the antenna? I think it was meant to be attached on the remote after the antenna is pulled out. And then how will you store this contraption?

1 Like

You’ve probably sorted this by now but I bought this one a couple of months ago, for use with an S6 Lite in an armoured case and it works fine, the tablet is secure and it comes with a ‘DJI’ branded lanyard.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B8J1TXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£12.99

2 Likes

Nah, I’m still working on the solution. :slight_smile: I’ve seen that product before, and I was not impressed by the reviews. Also, it still looks like something which puts the centre of mass away from the ideal (which would be somewhere around the mode selector switch).

I will share here when I found the “ONE”.

It does make it top heavy when it’s just hanging around your neck, but during use I’ve not found it to be an issue, the tablet doesn’t weigh a great deal. Although, I have actually gone back to using my phone most of the time as the tablet attracts a lot more attention for some reason. I suspect it’s because people imagine they’ll be able to see what you’re up to whilst they just happen to be walking past.

As I haven’t found what I was looking for, I decided to make it myself. :slight_smile:

I think I’m getting somewhere…

First print, just to check the dimensions (printed in PLA, with 10% infill, so it is not suitable for daily use, in fact I already managed to break it), but I think it will work.

1 Like

Nice… but :grimacing:

There’s no option to attach a lanyard, are you ok with that?

I’m guessing the balance is spot on though!

1 Like

Actually there is, on the first picture you can barely see holes in the corners next to the remote, that’s what I was planning for the lanyard, if that does not work out, I can still add something else to the design, and print again. :slight_smile:

But, as the balance feels just right, I might not even need a lanyard, will figure it out when I start to use it. :slight_smile:

Hmmm… but the tablet is wider that the mount, that won’t work? :thinking:

I need a top-down photo ideally.

Entirely possible! What’s the tablet weight like? I’m not familiar with the Samsung range.

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve updated the topic title to separate it from our main Air / Mini 2 tablet holder thread :blush:

1 Like

Well, the mount is the widest I can print, my printer is rather small (130x130mm), so it might not work, but I can’t make it wider. :man_shrugging:

Almost half a kilo…

Ouch… almost as heavy as a CrystalSky.

Keep us posted with your progress? Following with interest :+1:t2:

1 Like

If anyone’s interested, I’m putting this lanyard bracket up on eBay. £7.50 or £6.25 to GADC peeps.

1 Like

Thanks for the members discount :blush:

1 Like

No prob. :+1: