My delve in to the world of the DJI Inspire

Now then, it’s been a few days since I posted here, update time :slight_smile:

I bring good news!

Our good friend and overall modding guru digdat0 has published a quick “How to” on YouTube today.

Funnily enough, his latest how-to is all about modding the Inspire 1 :+1:

Perhaps even more coincidentally, his example video here is for modding the v1.2.1.06 firmware on the Inspire 1. Which also funnily enough just so happens to be the exact same firmware that I’m running :thinking:

I’ll let you know the outcome in a week or twos time as my i1 is still in 101 pieces for another mod (more on that later), but these parameter changes are appealing to say the least:

That’ll bring my Inspire mods right on par with my Mavic Pro mods too :+1:

It also means I’ll be back soon to challenge @MementoMori for his current 62.3MPH slot on the speed limit thread soon :grimacing:

Getting back to the parameter hacks then.

The principal is basically the same as changing the Mavic Pro parameters, the only problem is you can’t use DJI Assistant to get to them, you need to extract the full .bin firmware, manually edit a text file which contains all the parameters, then recompile the .bin and then perform a ‘normal’ firmware update on the Inspire 1.

As mentioned in his video, the tools to do all this are our there (requires Python and Java to be installed) already - GitHub - o-gs/dji-firmware-tools: Tools for handling firmwares of DJI products, with focus on quadcopters.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how it goes in a week to twos time when I’m re-assembled!

3 Likes