My First Attempt at 360 Pano pics

Judging by the speed that the DJI app stitches, I think it uses it’s belief of the orientation of the 34 pics to do the initial positioning of the images before doing the harder party of detailed stitching. I’ve had a pano that the app wouldn’t stitch at all, but ICE managed OK … using only the info in the images.
Can’t recall that it was windy, that day, or not.
Certainly something I want to play with.

I’ve used Go4, Litchi, Hangar 360, PhotoShop, Lightroom, AutoPano Giga and Microsoft ICE with various results, sometimes they all fail.
Lightroom is probably the one that comes up with the best results and then I complete the sky to the full 360 in PhotoShop.
The P4P is better than the MP in the wind at completing a good 360, I think that is because the camera is less prone to being blown about.

When I’ve had fails, it’s been more to do with the lack of detail (or excess of similar detail - grass/tarmac) for it to create matches. I’ve used PTGui and manually found matches and always had a result … other than over moving water, where things move too fast to have a match.

Other than wind I have had fails over water where it won’t stitch the water itself and just leaves big gaps.

1 Like

Latest one, but horizon isn’t right

Here it is

1 Like

Well, at least the exposure looks waaaaaaaaaay better! :+1:

Horizon … you may have to add some “sky” to the pano image to make it a 2:1 width:height ratio.

Yeah I put it on manual exposure

2 Likes

Yeah I created the stich in ICE not with the Go4 app, which would have made the ratio right in the first place

It does … but far lower resolution.

If you have something like Photoshop you can change the “canvas size” and infill the added area with a sky colour.

Here’s a before and after adding sky for one of mine …

Thats exactly what I have just done

2 Likes

You should be happy with that! Looks excellent! :+1:

In ICE, at the Crop stage, clicking on “Auto Complete” cleans the top line in the image and makes it tidier without the wavy edge.

Ok thats nice to know

1 Like

Yeah that one is much better and the auto complete would tidy it up a bit.

1 Like

Really taking shape now @SkyJumper :+1:

1 Like

Hi
Yeah getting much better with the help of all you guys, it’s much appreciated, getting the exposure right in the first place and then getting the stitching right…
Thanks

2 Likes

This is my latest 360 panorama, getting better I think…

4 Likes

:+1: