My First Attempt at 360 Pano pics

So how do I get it to be interactive?

Reading the post I linked last evening would be a good start.

I just tried with ICE and it produced a .spj file but could not upload it as not a file type permited???

Capture

I clicked export to disk and it produced a pano_stitch.jpg file but when trying to upload it here it doesnā€™t complete the upload. Can you elaborate for me. Iā€™m usually pretty computer savy so not sure what I am doing wrong

It was all in the post I linked.

1 Like

The image (jpg) above is the one that Go4 created, which is 4096x2048, it obviously isnā€™t interactive.
I downloaded ICE and tried to create one there by stitch the 34 images that Go4 takes, and it produces a .spj file, which canā€™t be uploaded here, so what do I need to do with it to upload it.
Thanks for your patience, you must think I am really dumb, I hope I just missing something along the way.

You already created the jpeg you need.

Then all you have to do is follow instructions in the link in my last post.

I think I got there at last

I think you did!

Have to say the original image looks very washed out, for some reason.
Hopefully your next 360 will have better colour depth.
Have fun! :+1:

Yeah I am not sure why but I heard a suggestion to have the first shot with the sun behind the drone and then it will get the white balance right, so will try that next time. Here is another taken on the same day from a bit of a different place, but it has the same problem.

Looks like exposure is the main issue. I tend to set the exposure to manual when at 90 degrees to the sun and tilting down about 30 degrees.
Itā€™s all a bit hit or miss, though, since the range of exposures can be so massive ā€¦ particularly if the sun is low.

Yeah it is an exposure issue, I had ND32 filter on the MP and did a bit of level and curve work before uploading to Kuula. The sun was getting low as it was evening time. I wonder if taking out the top row of shots would help?
Maybe I should get an ND64 filter, that might help, and go out earlier in the day when the sun is higher. Iā€™ll try a few different things and see how it goes.
Thanks for all your help, I didnā€™t follow the link, thats where I went wrong.

Low sun, no filter, no problem ā€¦

1 Like

What sort of height were at when you shot it?

1 Like

Height was 215ft.

Ok, at first at around that sort of height it wouldnā€™t do a panorama shoot, maybe cos the wind was high, so I came down to about half that height and then it took the panorama shots

Height wonā€™t be changing exposure, though. What itā€™s seeing will still be lit the same from any height.

An interesting thought, that. Iā€™ll need to try on a WINDY day and see what happens. :+1:

The 360 pano is always poorly stitched or doesnā€™t complete on windy flights Iā€™ve found.

1 Like