My first attempt. Wainhouse Tower. Calder Valley

I nearly bought an old place up at Warley 25 years ago to “do up” and keep as a “summer home” - thank fk I didn’t and had a place in Thailand instead. Jeez I can still remember the cold cutting thru me in Warley - and that was in June :joy: :joy: :joy:

Hahaha yeah it can blow a bitter wind down that valley but with a wife like mine you will soon get used to it. Windows open all year round :cold_face:. Loves fresh air she says :roll_eyes:. Hopefully by the end of summer I’ll have some more shots of the valley to post. :blush:

1 Like

Great shot especially the composition. It would have been so easy to make Wainhouse Tower the focal point but this is so much better.

Hi Alecmilner, thanks for the comments. I chose the photo for a few reasons. Firstly it’s a valley I love and holds good memories and I wanted something that makes the valley known for what it is, Wainhouse Tower. Secondly the school (Crossley)in the foreground fitted in nicely with its Yorkshire sandstone which typifies this area and of course the weather. I wanted to leave the photo as is cos that’s how it is round these parts in winter. So the hole of the photo says a lot I guess. Thanks fella

Hi mockingbird71, thanks again for your interest and comments. I think I’ve said it before, some shots you wait for and get a so so result and some come from nowhere and you get what you think might be a goodun. I just took this cos I liked what I saw on the screen. I’m glad you and others enjoy what I saw. I’m no commercial photographer but just a guy who’s been hooked on flying a drone that has a pretty decent camera on board. I hope to take more of the same and enjoy your comments good or bad. It’s a learning curve.
Cheers fella

1 Like