Nano Long Range Build

Turns out I do have video, it just craps out as soon as there’s any movement. Time to get the enclosure designed.

4 Likes

Well that works.

Unfortunately, I’ve bust it already. Need to beef up the battery bracket.

1 Like

Thats my biggest issue with 3D printed frames, they break way too easily for fpv flying. Well that and the fact I dont have a 3D printer :laughing:

To be fair, it’s my own fault for thinking I could fly it in the house, when I know there isn’t enough room. :grin:

Printed off a new, sturdier frame and a slightly improved gubbins box.

Unfortunately I think I’ve fritzed the VTX. The solder pads for the connections are about 0.75mm dia. and 0.05mm apart so they really give my soldering skills a run for their money. :stuck_out_tongue:

0.05mm :laughing:

A gnats whisker

OK, I was exaggerating. But not by much.

0.25 more realistically. Still fairy watchmaker territory as far as I’m concerned. :grin:

Is that finer than a cats’ cock hair (northern measurement)

We always used to use the Gant’s Cod (short for Gnat’s Codpiece) as the smallest casual unit of measurement.

1 Like

Replaced the OVX300 with an OVX303 - the ‘whoop’ format, whose connection points are a smidgeon further apart. Unfortunately, in my enthusiasm to make it as small as possible, I snapped the unwanted wings off before realising I could have mounted it nicely above the main board. D’OH!

Oh well, I have a fully functional drone again. :grin: It’ll be getting its first proper test at the Big Meet.

It was far too windy for it at The Big Meet but last night…

It flew beautifully for about 90 seconds, but then it rapidly started losing power and height until it dropped the last couple of feet and wrote its doom across the harsh quarry landscape.

It’s been a fun little project but I think it’s time I transferred the gubbins onto a more practical frame.

3 Likes

Ahhh shame. It’s all a learning process this hobby, and as you say get those electrics in a more suitable/strong frame! We learn by experimenting, and love that!

1 Like