National Trust coastal areas

there are quite a few coastal areas near to me that i wish to photograph and they are linked to the national trust i see they have no problem with ordinary photography but an aversion to the use of aerial photographic equipment is there any way of obtaining permissions to fly in these coastal areas (i do hold national trust membership)

If people know what you’re looking at they might be able to help :smiley:

Can you share a few examples of the sites in question please @richie3 ? :thinking:

i,m looking mainly at areas on the south gower mainly from pwll du to three cliffs bay, pennard meadows and rhossili worms head

My attitude to the coastal areas would be knock yourself out… They have no legal claim whatsoever to flying over the sea despite what their boundary maps state. It’s like the PLA telling you permission needs to be granted to fly over or along the Thames. :roll_eyes:

thank you my friend thats kind of what i thought

1 Like

Hmm, you could have had a field day from these pink areas:

1 Like

I just looked up PLA :wink::wink: Peoples Liberation Army was one of the first results. Best watch out :joy::joy::joy::joy:

check the bottom of the map from caswell to rhossili thats the area i,m interested in i live very near pennard

Unless I’m wrong as far as i understand it they can only stop you taking off and landing on their properties, if there’s a safe spot on a public highway or layby near to where you want to fly you can take off and land from there.
The National Trust have no authority over the airspace above their land only the CAA have that.

2 Likes

thank you my friend that was what i was led to believe as well but as a new comer and not wishing to get myself into any unwanted grief i thought it best to check

Just fly.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. If asked to stop and leave, just do that and plead ignorance that there was no restrictions on the Altitude Angel (Mention the one that doesn’t include NT land :wink: ) app

I like your style :smiley:

No problem, yes always best to check if unsure on anything.
This Gentleman “Ian in London” who does some excellent youtube videos explains it well in this one he did and what to say should you be approached by anyone.
I regularly fly next to and over some National Trust sites from lybys and roadsides when it’s safe to do so and have never been bothered by anyone, just be considerate of others.

2 Likes

thank you my friend my main reason for the question was i dont want to end up in a confrontational situation i,m to old for that nonsense now x

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry, the only people I’ve had approach me are people genuinely interested in flying drones and asking questions, which can be a nuisance at times though.

Or of course the beach, between high and low tide…:slight_smile: