Nazgul ( New build) just flips out when you power it up

Pic or she is a fantasy in your head :joy:

4.3 is the firmware version on the flight controller itself

Ok so I have the latest then :thinking:

As I said the Pc side of all this is my Achilles hell in all this :man_facepalming:t3:

Yeah the config needs to be the latest to work with the BF versions. So need config 10.8.0 for BF 4.3RC1-6.

I assume 10.8.0 is compatible with older versions of BF

And I can download from Git Hub yah ??? as can see where to click to download :man_facepalming:t3:

Depends on your version of BF on the FC, either 4.2.x or 4.3 more than likely. You don’t need the 10.8.0 release of the configurator for none 4.3 versions of BF.

You then flash the FC from configurator, i.e. change from 4.2.10 to 4.2.10 to 4.3RC1/RC2, etc.

The configurator just runs on the PC lets you viwer and change settings, and debug (this is the 10.x thing), the brains of the quad is the Betaflight firmware, which is 4.2.x or new (maybe not lovely) none final release version of 4.3.x

I’m still not 100% convinced 10.8.0 is compatible with 4.2.x versions of BF as that’s technically an RC (release candidate, not final release) too! 4.3 isn’t final either. I still think I killed (it’s not dead actually linux rescued it in DFU mode, cos windows is like shite when it comes to drivers) on a 4.2.x version by using a 10.8.0 release on someones PC in the field when resource re-mapping (actually were trying to change motor locations!)

1 Like

No no our Jade is quite the hottie, that said I’m old enough to be her Dad :man_white_haired:t3:

Well all sorted on the download side thanks mate just temperamental when connecting to the quad, :roll_eyes:

Think its a case of just trying and it will connect some how…

1 Like

If you can get to the big meet Nick, we can give you a tutorial on Betaflight :+1:

1 Like

It’s only a weekend :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Yeah bardwells 4.3 series taking its time…Thats what 2x playback speed invented for!

1 Like

No just invite

And she can have the betaflight tutorial :joy:

I think im all most there just cant connect the bloody thing to it, just keeps giving me the same old, Failed to open serial port Iv downloaded the drivers so all seem hunky dory… Iv tried loads of different cables so really not sure what more I can do to get this connected :man_shrugging:t3:

Tried rebooting the PC ?

1 Like

Have you tried the drop down box to check th3 correct com port is selected Nick?

Also I seem to vaguely remember that some peripherals (like gps module) connected to your flight controller can cause connection issues. I think it depends on if it powers on via usb rather than battery that can cause the issue. Ill see if I can find the info again

1 Like

Well I’m making head way at lease, Iv just plugged the Apex in which linked up straight away. Therefore I’m assuming It can only be the bloody cable which I find hard to believe as Iv tried so many.

It seems the MAMMBA use a type C connector which I know the cable I’m trying to use is a data 1 due to me using it to link me phone to me car ??.

Has it got gps Nick? If so unplug it and try again.

1 Like

Also try running the ImpulseRC Driver fixer

Is Jade not available at weekends :face_with_hand_over_mouth: