Never have come across this. Is this permitted or do I have to request this permission?

@Mind_the_gap the /About page on Drone Scene also offers a lot of information and insight in to the various map layers available:

1 Like

I have noticed that within areas owned by the National Trust there seem to be both “Open Access” and Limited Access" zones. This is according to the information on Drone Scene maps (zones colour coded blue and red respectively). I’m interested to hear others’ knowledge/opinions on whether this has any significant bearing on how drone flyers should approach flying in these areas. From what I have read here, the majority opinion seems to be the standard guide of TOAL outside the NT area, but fly over (at a reasonable height to avoid disturbance) is OK. I’m very keen to balance our legal rights with respect for this type of organisation’s policies/wishes. I fly a DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thanks.

:point_up_2: this

1 Like

Take off from public land.
Fly over to your heart’s content
Always adhere to the CAA Drone code and ANO
Take no notice of their supposed bylaw or policy.
Your legal right is you can fly over any building, land, or property you wish so long as it’s not restricted airspace and you stay within the law.

That depends on the weight of the drone being used. Sub 250 grams - no problem. Above 250 grams - you need to be 150 metres from built up areas unless you have an A2 CofC.

2 Likes