Never leave LiPo batteries when charging - a lesson đŸ”„

If you put that pocket sized alarm in an air tight box and left it downstairs while you went to sleep upstairs, it’s a safe bet you’re not gonna hear a thing :blush:

Well, apart from the sirens on the fire engines as they pull up outside your gaff.

:running_man:t2:

There is only really 2 major rules to follow don’t leave them unattended while charging and discharge and dispose of them if they get damaged (usually in a crash.)

So much scaremongering surrounding lipos its unreal.

Do your research on how to correctly charge and look after your lipos and there won’t be an issue. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Good advice mate I must say I defo appreciated the schooling you gave me in the safe use of lipos

I now keep mine in a fire proof bag in storage mode and in a metal box in my garage :+1:t3:

Where historically they’d be left fully charged in a draw under the bed :man_facepalming:t3: disaster waiting to happen.

Hence why I feel this form is invaluable for beginners like myself

3 Likes

In my case I bought it before I saw that video. Have since bought a bat-safe box and looking to get a bigger one. I use the bag for storage and it lives outside in my kettle barbecue.

So easy to forget. Believe me we get calls all the time from people with beeping smoke alarms. We deal with Fire Alarms (don’t ask the difference I could tell you but then I would have to kill you!) and not smoke detectors.

If you have an intruder alarm consider fitting some of these

smokes

6 of these fitted to my alarm they will wake us and also call the Monitoring Centre and then Brigade get called if no response from us on the phone.

Cheeky little extra from work!

Who said anything about downstairs
 the box with the alarm are under my pillow
 !

Actually have tried it, I think you would hear it as it is one of the loudest I’ve heard, better than a crackling noise
 ha-ha.