Never run out of power

After some recent battery frustration, particularly with the battery power on the Spark, I did some research and discovered the below item from Billy Kyle’s YouTube page.

Not only will this charge up flat devices via USB and USB-C ports, this also has a mains output enabling you to, say, plug in the Spark 3 battery charger using the supplied mains lead, or the Mavic four battery hub via a mains lead.

It arrived yesterday from Amazon, via Prime, and charged up the internal 27000mAh battery in quick time. Relatively expensive I know but having mains power and USB power on tap can be a real blessing. Go to Amazon Uk and search for USB C Portable Charger, RAVPower 27000mAh Built in 220V AC Outlet Universal Power Bank Travel Charger.

Unknown

Interesting!

I don’t see how you plug a mains charger in to it though? I mean, it doesn’t have a three pin socket on it?

Or does it?!

Any idea how long it lasts? Or how many times you can charge the Spark with it?

Was it this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-RAVPower-27000mAh-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B01MDKHWNR

Yeah that looks like the one.

I think you get a euro 2 pin to UK 3 pin adaptor with it.

Hi BCF
I’m considering a portable charger and have a question about the one that you suggest, but just a bit concerned about it’s use as a power converter. Have you used the 220v output? As it has a square wave converter I wondered how much noise or hum it produced, when, lets say, using it with a laptop or ipad. Maybe difficult to describe the amount of noise produced but do you find it acceptable?
I’m also considering a unit with a converter with sine wave {clean} converter but they are considerably more expensive, but may be worth it in the long run.

@PingSpike - there’s a mini jack on the side into which you connect the included mains cable and adapter which charges the internal massive battery.
As regards outputting to a mains powered device as @Flyingpigvrs correctly states you need a Euro 2 pin to UK 3 pin adapter.
Yes that’s the one. There are specs and what it can charge/how many times on the description. I’ve not yet charged either my Spark or Mavic batteries but I can tell you that compared to a couple of other USB only portable chargers I own, this one charged from almost zero to full charge very quickly. When I do do some recharging from a single full load I’ll update this post with the results.

1 Like

Hi @Bite_BayKon,

Sorry but my technical knowledge re converters/square wave/sine wave is zero :exploding_head:. All I wanted was a device that I could get power from, both via USB and AC, so I wouldn’t be stuck in the middle of who knows where with flat batteries.
I’ve yet to try it out but from what I’ve seen and read the RAVPower devices are well regarded.

@BCF Did you ever get one of these and try it?

Got the RavPower and could not be happier with it - it solves all of my charging needs.

1 Like

How many MP battery charges do you get from it?

… and what’s the charging time like … compared to house mains?

Charging time is slower than mains charging but that wasn’t a concern when I bought it - it was the fact that I could charge all of my devices, including the smaller mains needing ones ( eg the Spark tri-battery charger) whilst on the move and travelling.

As for the number of battery charges I get from it I couldn’t really tell you as I haven’t recorded the number but it’s a lot.

1 Like