New Bournemouth member

Hi I am brand new to this and I have just purchased a mavic mini 2. I live in the Bournemouth area and am trying to work out where I can fly, no fly zones etc. If there are any members close to me I would be grateful for any advice. Especially about flying from the cliffs and coastal areas. Looking forward to getting into this.

Hi @TWarrs777 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome TWarrs777.

The below might be useful also and to be honest it’s a very good BCP webpage on drones.

BCP Council - Drones

1 Like

Hi Tobias and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Tobias,

Good starting apps:

Dronescene
UAVweather
Drone Assist

You can always expand from those

1 Like

Welcome to the club @TWarrs777

@TWarrs777 welcome

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I will check those apps and other threads on the site. Is there a drone test I need to take?

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/

1 Like

Hi Tobias and welcome to the club. I live a short distance from Bournemouth and would be happy to meet up and discuss places to fly. I’m only a beginner myself but have been through a few of the hoops that you will have to jump through.

Let me know if you fancy that and we can discuss it in a PM.

Hi @TWarrs777 welcome too GADC enjoy :+1:t2:

Welcome @TWarrs777, from another B’mth resident! :wave:t2:

welcome Tobias to GADC, have fun

Hi Tony

Yes, sounds good , feel free to Pm me, cheers

Hi and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:
I’m in Fareham… not too far from you… bin flying not very long and still ll leaning. Hope to meet you some time… :slight_smile:

Hi Tobias - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Tobias, I am also a new member from the Poole area.
If you want to meet up to practice flying in the area, please pm me.
Nikki

Hi Niki

Yes I will be up for that, let me know when you’re heading out.