New dad and daughter

What like everyone? I just purchased a Mini 2se for my daughter and me to play around with and get better photos.
Love a day out doing things, so should get some use.
Just about to order some filters for it, so any advice would be welcomed.

3 Likes

Hi @Bfarrell, Bruce, Welcome to GADC, enjoy.

1 Like

Hi @Bfarrell and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Bruce @Bfarrell and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hiya Bruce, welcome from the Black Country

1 Like

Hi Bruce @Bfarrell
If you’re just looking to fly about and get photos, I wouldn’t bother spending money on filters just yet, they’re not really much use for general photo stuff. If your intention is film? Then go for it.
Just get out and find an open space to get used to the controls and definitely have a read of this
Welcome to the club, hope you and the daughter get some nice family time in

1 Like

@Bfarrell Welcome Bruce. You will always get good advice on this forum. FWIW I have a Mini 3 Pro and bought the DJI ND filters, just a set of 3, a 16, 64 and 256 which is plenty for my needs as I don’t want to go ott with them. I was also advised that Freewell make a great range of them. There are some great videos on the net about filters.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freewell-Standard-Day-Filters-Compatible/dp/B081W16TRH

Rod

2 Likes

Thanks @mynameisjoe

thank you @The-Hive , i’ll have a wee look

1 Like

Hi Bruce @Bfarrell - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Bruce @Bfarrell , just be careful. I am into my drones, which is ok if not a little bit heavy on the wallet. BUT i got my son into them, now my bank manager keeps on wanting to have a word with me. I’m not sure how long I can put him off. A one way ticket to the costa del sol may be on the cards.

1 Like

I hear ya @stevesb having a daughter is like having a skint mate who thinks you’re minted. :joy:

1 Like

Hey Bruce @Bfarrell and welcome aboard yourself and your daughter to the GADC site

1 Like

Welcome @Bfarrell and Daughter to the GADC group

1 Like